Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

While this will no doubt kill the high quality but smaller shops like Buffalo Bore and Double Tap, it will also breathe new life back into the gun show circuit for awhile until the Democrats get around to those. I bought a box of this, that or the other at every single gun show I attended for 35 years. 90% of it was high quality SHTF stuff. The other 10% was practice or for IDPA competition.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
A lawsuit will be filed based on the commerce clause will be filed immediately as the Executive branch does not make law regarding interstate commerce.

·
Premium Member
36,726 Posts
I doubt any mass murderers bought their ammo online, just another attack on law abiding gun owners and retailers.
Even if they did, so what?

The ONLY reason for this nonsense is to make ammunition that much more difficult to come by, and thus even more expensive.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I doubt any mass murderers bought their ammo online, just another attack on law abiding gun owners and retailers.
I think there were a couple who have. Seems i heard the Vegas shooter did, but maybe not as I've also not seen it plastered all over the news?
Most on-line ammo sales ask for a valid ID showing your of legal age. Of course we now know asking for an ID is Racist?
The Left is definitely trying to make it difficult to obtain ammo, they will sooner or later require it to be sold only through FFL Dealers. And as in California they will push for a background check each time. Then they will push to reduce the numbers of FFL's. See the pattern?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I think there were a couple who have. Most on-line ammo sales ask for a valid ID showing your of legal age. Of course we now know asking for an ID is Racist?
The Left is definitely trying to make it difficult to obtain ammo, they will sooner or later require it to be sold only through FFL Dealers. And as in California they will push for a background check each time. Then they will push to reduce the numbers of FFL's. See the pattern?
I have been buying my ammo online for many,many years and mostly the big names like Target sports and Midway USA and Buffalo Bore or Underwood, Freedom munitions, LAX ammo ,etc. and I have never been asked to scan an ID of any kind. Just check the box that says I am 18 or older.

·
Premium Member
36,726 Posts
Lucky Gunner has caught a jackpot or two over questionable online sales, but again, so what? Ammo restrictions are just one front to the Left's war on 2A/guns.

·
Registered
20,047 Posts
Yes, more attempts at doing something. Is this a surprise?

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Talking about it and actually getting a law passed are two different things - I think Biden is pretty much caught between a rock and a hard place on gun issues. I don't see it happening.

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
I have been buying my ammo online for many,many years and mostly the big names like Target sports and Midway USA and Buffalo Bore or Underwood, Freedom munitions, LAX ammo ,etc. and I have never been asked to scan an ID of any kind. Just check the box that says I am 18 or older.
I have had to provide a copy of my retired military ID to get military discounts, but I don't recall ever having to provide proof of age.

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts
I think this is actually better news than it first appears. I have been going on for YEARS now about how the gun banners are absolutely insane on the topic of ammo.

HOWEVER, biden repeatedly said that he could do this by executive action, and that he WOULD be doing this by executive action. AND, lets not forget that his press sec said LAST week, biden would be doing exec action on gun control....

THEN hunter Biden’s felony gun form, and shady secret service involvement came to light, and poof! we heard no more about that.

Hopefully this wont get anywhere near passing.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Think it also depends on city/state ones in. I had to give an ID to, I believe, either SGA or LuckyGunner when I first set up my account to order. My state has no extra restrictions. Also some would require the ammo to be signed for by an adult too.
Probably are more who go by the honor system though.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I had to mail or fax (I can't remember) a copy of my DL to Kessler's Wholesale back in 1999 when I ordered a small shipment of ammo that included some Fiocchi .32 acp. I was 23 at the time, so not too far over the 21 requirement for pistol ammo. I am not sure how a check the box certification works any better for ammo than teenagers looking at adult websites.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
41,382 Posts
I have had to provide a copy of my retired military ID to get military discounts, but I don't recall ever having to provide proof of age.
Heck, I was still getting carded into my late 30s.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Why I will Continue to Reload my own Stuff!!. I bought several years supply when I got Primers for $35 a thousand and .230 HP bullets for $50 for 500.. ALL Done here along with 20 LBS of powder.. Have ALL I need..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why I will Continue to Reload my own Stuff!!. I bought several years supply when I got Primers for $35 a thousand and .230 HP bullets for $50 for 500.. ALL Done here along with 20 LBS of powder.. Have ALL I need..
Me to.. just sitting there watching the Tube and downing a few.
Great thing for a cool winter night.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think there were a couple who have. Seems i heard the Vegas shooter did, but maybe not as I've also not seen it plastered all over the news?
Most on-line ammo sales ask for a valid ID showing your of legal age. Of course we now know asking for an ID is Racist?
I think someone should tell the left its way too late, they already lost.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts