Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to a guy I know who works Loss Prevention at Walmart, the very Walmart that the idiot OCing was banned from.

And here’s the story from a real gun guy himself; the guy who filmed it all from the security room.

This guy comes in, and because he can’t get help at the Sporting Goods counter, starts messing with the cash register, phone system, and other things.

Then, when someone comes there to see what he wants, he tries to talk them down on the price of a Kayak. When they won’t come down on price, he starts yelling obscenities and acting like an ass, alarming people in the immediate vicinity.

Then he jumps on a child’s bicycle and starts riding it around the store. Meanwhile, his clip on nylon holster keeps coming loose requiring him to constantly put his hand on the gun to keep it from flopping around.

Concerned this guy might be off his rocker, the police are called.

Then, our model citizen, whom of course was just exercising his Constitutional rights, grabs a shopping cart and throws random stuff in it to make himself appear just like a “ normal “ shopper.

Then when the police arrive, he starts recording and playing the innocent game.

Meanwhile, across the nation, many people are ignorantly defending this turd who got what he deserved.

·
Super Moderator
16,145 Posts
And now we know... the rest of the story.
Said in your best Paul Harvey voice, It's nice to hear the full story. Reminds me of the videos of some poor undeserving criminal being abused by some overbearing police officer, what they don't show is the previous five minutes where the criminal assaulted the officer first.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, NOT reported in the news. It doesn't sound like the OC had much to do with the reason for the ban. But of course the press has to ignore what doesn't support their agenda. And this guy made himself an easy mark for them.
They all make themselves an easy mark.

When your OC rig is a cheap nylon clip on holster, you have not only demonstrated your ignorance, but have demonstrated you have put no real thought in to SD....you are just trying to make a statement.

The few people I see OC around here almost always wear the same cheap and cheesy rig.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
A few years back while visiting my son in Idaho I actually saw 2 morons sporting a nylon cheapy clipped on the back of a pair of sweatpants and just hanging there ready to hit the floor. These two were not together mind you but, two different guys in different locations.
The real killer was neither one had any situational awareness......... obviously. It actually made me mad that there were people this stupid living among us. The people I see OCing here so far have been squared away with not only retention holsters but, they did not carry themselves like people you would want to test.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
As seen here, one fault of the gun community is the promotion of stories supposedly showing "Ma rights is being violated" when it's actually a guy just being a jackass. This phenomenon is similar to the one city council member or state representative simply making an anti-2A statement and now that city or state is "doing" that statement in the eyes of alarmist advocates.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts

When your OC rig is a cheap nylon clip on holster, you have not only demonstrated your ignorance, but have demonstrated you have put no real thought in to SD....you are just trying to make a statement.

The few people I see OC around here almost always wear the same cheap and cheesy rig.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
So the truth comes out! The problem wasn’t that he was carrying a gun, the problem was that he was doing other things inside the store to cause problems. Another problem though is this side of the story will never become popular, because the anti open carry narrative fits the agenda better.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Super Moderator
19,238 Posts

Out here in the Phoenix area, the only open carriers I've seen at Wal-Mart fall into that category - el cheapo, generic-fit nylon holster flopping around on the belt. Conversely, the shopkeepers around here who OC do so with a trim, professional appearance and belt holsters that keep the sidearm close and snug to the body.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Out here in the Phoenix area, the only open carriers I've seen at Wal-Mart fall into that category - el cheapo, generic-fit nylon holster flopping around on the belt. Conversely, the shopkeepers around here who OC do so with a trim, professional appearance and belt holsters that keep the sidearm close and snug to the body.
There really is something to this. By confirming what I see, I’d say it’s that way everywhere that OC is allowed.

Wife and I went to a large indoor flea market in London Ky last year, and every single redneck and hillbilly carrying in the open was carrying in those same cheap floppy rigs. Those just real amateur hour.

·
Banned
705 Posts
There really is something to this. By confirming what I see, I’d say it’s that way everywhere that OC is allowed.

Wife and I went to a large indoor flea market in London Ky last year, and every single redneck and hillbilly carrying in the open was carrying in those same cheap floppy rigs. Those just real amateur hour.

I've only ever one person open carrying with a decent holster, he was carrying a 1911 in a Yaqui Slide.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts

If they walk in open carrying at the shop, the majority of guns sit in an Uncle Mikes POS holster.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts