Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Maverick back from the gunsmith (had the 28" barrel cut down to a 19")

20130311_210048.jpg

20130311_210206.jpg

And for those of you who remember, I bought a PSA AR-15 a while back, thought I'd show what I've done to it. Vortex Sparc, MBUIS gen 2, Magpul ACS stock, MOE+ pistol grip, MOE handguard, MOE vertical grip, magpul trigger guard. (Yes... I like their products....) :)

20130311_210704.jpg

20130311_210650.jpg

I bought some Winchester 12 ga. 00 buckshot yesterday and my wife noticed this on one of them. I did chamber a few rounds to make sure they fed through the new shotgun without a problem, which they did, so I'm not sure if this could have been caused from the shotgun (if that's even possible) or if it came in the box like this, but all the other ones look perfect. I'm new to shotguns, I'm not sure what to ask other than... what's up with this?

20130311_210309.jpg

Edit: sorry for the quality, I took them with my phone because I don't have my camera charger around.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Is it the light, or is that barrel brown?

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
Did he put the bead back on it for ya? And blue the cut off end?

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Got the Maverick back from the gunsmith (had the 28" barrel cut down to a 19")

View attachment 69604

View attachment 69605

And for those of you who remember, I bought a PSA AR-15 a while back, thought I'd show what I've done to it. Vortex Sparc, MBUIS gen 2, Magpul ACS stock, MOE+ pistol grip, MOE handguard, MOE vertical grip, magpul trigger guard. (Yes... I like their products....) :)

View attachment 69606

View attachment 69607

I bought some Winchester 12 ga. 00 buckshot yesterday and my wife noticed this on one of them. I did chamber a few rounds to make sure they fed through the new shotgun without a problem, which they did, so I'm not sure if this could have been caused from the shotgun (if that's even possible) or if it came in the box like this, but all the other ones look perfect. I'm new to shotguns, I'm not sure what to ask other than... what's up with this?

View attachment 69608

Edit: sorry for the quality, I took them with my phone because I don't have my camera charger around.
Only way your gonna know for sure is to run shells thru it and see if any more come up looking like that one.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Looks like you left them out in the rain and they rusted....... :blink:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like you left them out in the rain and they rusted....... :blink:
20130312_235340.jpg

There, I used my flash!

Probably still should have turned that ceiling light off this time tho...

:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
While I would hate to believe quality control missed it, my guess is the shell came that way from the factory. I have bent brass like that during reloading shells when debris was caught in the brass resizer and the lip on the shell looks kinda rounded.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did he put the bead back on it for ya? And blue the cut off end?
No the end isn't blued but this shouldn't be an issue as long as I make sure it's always clean and oiled right? Even if it would be over time, a new barrel is only $100.

He did put the bead back on it. I'm pretty happy how it turned out.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
While I would hate to believe quality control missed it, my guess is the shell came that way from the factory. I have bent brass like that during reloading shells when debris was caught in the brass resizer and the lip on the shell looks kinda rounded.
Yeah I'm assuming it came that way too, I'm going to feed some more shells through it to make sure it couldn't have been from the shotgun. Assuming it isn't, should I bother to contact/email Winchester? And what do I do with the shell? I'm sure it can't be safe or responsible to throw in the trash...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cut it open with a pocket knife, dump out the power on a cinder block and light it with a match... You'll have a nice little blur right in the center of your vision for the next few hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just ran a bunch of shells through it, tried to make it happen to one but couldn't, I'm 100% sure it came like that, really expected more from Winchester, can't even find any email address for them. It's only one, but I don't like any mistakes when it comes to ammo for SD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts