1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2016/06/14/isis-praises-mateen-as-lion-of-caliphate-urges-attacks-at-theaters-hospitals-amusement-parks/ :brutal7:

The "Powers That Be" are always saying that urban terror attacks on home soil are not a matter of "IF" but "WHEN!" Well, "WHEN" is HERE, NOW!

Now is the time to reflect on your personal status, 24/7/365. Are you SHEEP, WOLF or SHEEPDOG?

On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs - Dave Grossman
Sheepdog and wolf are the same animal but with different values. Time to move a rife to the car...again. Wife has started to carry 24/7 again and wants to go to another active shooter class.

·
Premium Member
4,792 Posts
Yep the wife is asking me about more training and range time. Unfortunately I can't carry at work, or even have a gun in the car, but other than that one stays very close.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
I hate that metaphor.
Me too. I don't care about the sheep, am not a wolf and don't feel obligated to be anyone else's protector as a sheep dog. All too simplistic a manner of evaluating self defense.

If any analogy I've read is more apt I'm a porcupine. The grey man who wants to be left alone but when someone brings violence into my world there will be consequences.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Me too. I don't care about the sheep, am not a wolf and don't feel obligated to be anyone else's protector as a sheep dog. All too simplistic a manner of evaluating self defense.

If any analogy I've read is more apt I'm a porcupine. The grey man who wants to be left alone but when someone brings violence into my world there will be consequences.
I'm more of skunk. :hand5:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sheepdog and sheep
Unfortunately, it is absolutely true and valid. Nothing else fits as well. Have you got a better example?

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess it's my profession(s) First Army Officer, then LEO (briefly) then became a teacher of Social Studies, now nearing retirement. Plus, I'm an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor for the last 25+ years. I guess all that motivates me to give a DANG.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
I guess it's my profession(s) First Army Officer, then LEO (briefly) then became a teacher of Social Studies, now nearing retirement. Plus, I'm an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor for the last 25+ years. I guess all that motivates me to give a DANG.
I'm also a social studies teacher and in my time I've seen enough of the general public to know that they are not worth saving. That motivates me to not care about people who don't care enough about themselves to know, understand and utilize their constitutional rights.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American public.

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Few have run to the sound of gun fire and most will only worry about saving their family. Both are correct based on the needs of the person and the situation, but I have no doubt that ALL give a dang because they have taken the first step. They carry a weapon.

·
Registered
921 Posts
We have ISIL urging their death cultists to to continue their attacks on innocent Americans.

At the very same time, we have liberals feverishly trying to turn America into a Gun Free Zone.

Why do both groups want free Americans to be murdered?

Axis of evil.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts