Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im making the BIG TRADE tomorrow! wanted to get some more input!

I found you guys (and joined) doing some research on a SW 3913. Im making the big trade with someone out of columbus oh tomorrow for a XD 45.

I had as my primary ccw a ppk but was stolen out of my truck almost a year ago and i have been looking for a sutiable cc weapon ever since. In the interium, ive been carring a sprgfld 1911 compact but it gets heavier everyday and i am finding myself leaving it at home more and more.

The xd45 weighs a ton and i could never concieder it as a viable ccw.

Here is a pic of the actual gun im getting. Im pretty satisfied already...but just need some more reassurance! :aargh4:

·
Registered
448 Posts
First, welcome!

You'll like the 3913. It's a very solid, reliable and discrete pistol. Enjoy it and shoot it a lot! Preferably at paper...

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rivers...Im from San Diego too (El Cajon) sorry to hear about your new ammo law!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks Rivers...Im from San Diego too (El Cajon) sorry to hear about your new ammo law!
AB962 isn't law YET! It's on the Gov's desk where he can veto this. Please take the time to voice your opinion to his office. For more info on this, visit Calguns.net, a great resource for all of California's gun enthusiasts. Remember that what happens here might happen in other states too. Creeping political insanity. Just look at the sickening influence CA's Congressional reps have had in the US: Feinstein, Pelosi, Boxer... Can't wait for redistricting to take place so we can break their political monopolies.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
Welcome! :wave:

It looks like a nice concealed carry gun. I hope you are happy with it. If you elect to carry it with the safety engaged please don't get caught with your dingus down when you draw it.

I personally will not use that model of handgun, or any other model, that has the S&W style safety because I'm used to pushing the safety the other way. That's a training issue that I'm not willing to contend with.

All in all though, it is a fine handgun and should serve you well. Take care and stay safe.

Biker

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Welcome aboard and I hope you like your new gun.

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! :wave:

It looks like a nice concealed carry gun. I hope you are happy with it. If you elect to carry it with the safety engaged please don't get caught with your dingus down when you draw it.

I personally will not use that model of handgun, or any other model, that has the S&W style safety because I'm used to pushing the safety the other way. That's a training issue that I'm not willing to contend with.

All in all though, it is a fine handgun and should serve you well. Take care and stay safe.

Biker
yeah...its da/sa...i wont be using the safety much...im alot like you being trained with the 1911 style. but it does have a bobbed hammer so the decock will come in handy.

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AB962 isn't law YET! It's on the Gov's desk where he can veto this. Please take the time to voice your opinion to his office. For more info on this, visit Calguns.net, a great resource for all of California's gun enthusiasts. Remember that what happens here might happen in other states too. Creeping political insanity. Just look at the sickening influence CA's Congressional reps have had in the US: Feinstein, Pelosi, Boxer... Can't wait for redistricting to take place so we can break their political monopolies.
Its a bunch of (bad word) what they do their in CA...i know...i lived it! I still have my "firearm saftey" card from the el cajon gun exchange (why? i dont know..but i still do). And then the manditory trigger locks unless you have a gun safe too...ugg!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Welcome Buckeye! I'm from the Steubenville, Oh area and now reside in NC. Still a Buckeyes fan. Hope your not a SC fan and if so be prepared for some good old fashioned flak.

You have a great pistol there. Like any other weapon if you train constantly with it you will get the controls down. I carry either a H&K P7 or a old 2.5" S&W model 19 revolver. I've been carrying the 19 more and more as I grew up on them and can shoot it well IMO. The big thing is practice, practice and more practice on getting your weapon of choice MOO down to a natural reaction if needed.

Regards,

SG

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome Buckeye! I'm from the Steubenville, Oh area and now reside in NC. Still a Buckeyes fan. Hope your not a SC fan and if so be prepared for some good old fashioned flak.

You have a great pistol there. Like any other weapon if you train constantly with it you will get the controls down. I carry either a H&K P7 or a old 2.5" S&W model 19 revolver. I've been carrying the 19 more and more as I grew up on them and can shoot it well IMO. The big thing is practice, practice and more practice on getting your weapon of choice MOO down to a natural reaction if needed.

Regards,

SG
Hey Sportserguy!!! Thanks for the shout out...you too Bama! If you carry a p7 you know all about training with that squeeze handle...lol.

Yes i am a OSU fan (death to Michigan)....we really handed Ron Zook's behind to him last week...lol

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Be sure to post in the Introductions/new members forum so I can get another post out of you!

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome to the forum! Be sure to post in the Introductions/new members forum so I can get another post out of you!
been there already :smilez:

·
Registered
862 Posts
:rofl:

As far as the 3913 it's a great gun I've had mine for 3-4 years and it still shoots like the first day i got er'. I keep it cleaned and oiled and never had a jam/misfire yet. I say get it!

P.S. Welcome to the forum from Southern Illinois!

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:rofl:

As far as the 3913 it's a great gun I've had mine for 3-4 years and it still shoots like the first day i got er'. I keep it cleaned and oiled and never had a jam/misfire yet. I say get it!

P.S. Welcome to the forum from Southern Illinois!
Thanks! thats exactly the kindda feedback i need! I have heard nothing but praises on this firearm...from this forum and others! i think i will be pretty happy coming home with it tomorrow......i will post a video of my first impressions if you all dont mind!

P.s. Do you think Ron Zook is gonna coach Illini next year?:confused:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome aboard. :wave:

Believe you will like the S&W, but betting you (like all of us) will still be looking. Always trying to find that "just right one", it's just a thing. :image035:

Now about that democrat thing . . .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts