Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What handguns do you really want, but haven’t found an excuse to buy yet? I own mostly Glocks. I almost always carry a Glock, because I know I will perform best under pressure with what I train with the most. I did buy a S&W 642, because it is lighter than anything Glock makes, and there are some situations were I can’t carry a Glock. So I had an excuse to buy it.

Here are a couple of handguns that I really want, but I know I will not carry, so I haven’t found an excuse to buy yet. But someday I will. :biggrin:

Sig P220

CZ 75

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Springfield XD... because I can't decide which size I really want
Something from Kahr... because if I get that XD I don't need one and vice versa
Sig 245... because although I like the Sig better than its competitors in this baisc platform, I want this to be a gun I'm not too upset to lose
A full size 1911... but this would be a range toy and is thus the hardest to justify
A Ruger SP101 and GP100 - I really want to try them both but don't really need either
The new Ruger Alaskan - This is just too cool
Smith and Wesson models 66, 10, and several others - Can't find the version I want or already have a gun too much like it
Taurus 445 - Can't find one

I could probably think of 12 more...

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Since having my 226 - have to say I would like a 220 now - but cannot really justify, as I have enough .45acp platforms. So no ''excuse'' - yet!

I also have lusted after an X Frame Smith 500 (yeah - it's cannonitis again) - but resisted that. Now tho am having ''urges'' directed towards an X Frame in .460 - this could be almost an ideal cannon. We'll see, tho I suspect the expense will never really be met, despite the ''want'' factor.

Anyways - I am beginning to think of ''thinning the herd'' a bit - tho, looking at that another way - maybe I can after all finance the .460!!

<goes into muttering mode - weighing up pro's and con's> :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
THink I'd like a SIG 229 in 357 SIG, and maybe the 40S&W spare barrel on the side. My big problem is I want them ALL, well....... Almost! :7a:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've not yet made an excuse to buy a P-7 of any flavor . . . .

·
Registered
484 Posts
CZ75 SPO1, CZ75 Tactical Sport, (incredicool commercial, saved on hard drive.), Star BM, AK pistol,( why not?), Witness 10mm, CZ 75 40sw, etc...

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Next EXCUSE is SET UP!

JT said:
What handguns do you really want, but haven’t found an excuse to buy yet? I own mostly Glocks. I almost always carry a Glock, because I know I will perform best under pressure with what I train with the most.Sig P220
I want a Sig P220ST (rail) with meprolight night sights, and a SureFire X200 to hang on the rail. I already have a Sig P245 that I carry constantly. It's mag capacity is just six rounds. But it will accept the 8rd P220 mags nicely and I even have a spacer for some of the five SPARES I've already purchased for the P245. So I already have a lot of P220 mags, I should go ahead and get the P220. Right? Anyway, it's been awhile since I bought a brand new gun, so the wife has agreed.

However, on the trip out to Texas in late June (driving from Miami, FL), I'll be carrying my Glock M27 and two M22 hi-caps + 1 M23 hi-cap and a couple of 10rd with grip extenders. I figure I'll have nearly 70rds to launch of Speer Gold Dot and some other stuff, including the frangibles before I have to start thinking about reolading mags from the two boxes of 50 I'll also be taking.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I haven't had the excuse to buy a broomhandle Mauser yet - the right one hasn't crossed my path.

That and a S&W Model 24 and an original era Charter Bulldog blued are about it on my 'regret' list - but I think I'm up to closer to 50 handguns than not.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I get the ole cannonitis too....have always wanted a Wildey .475 and now with the S&W 500 Mag.....of course, I'd then have to get a Barrett .50 cal. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Let's see, a Sig 226 in 9mm, a Broomhandle C96/clone in about any caliber, HK P7, HK fullsize USP in .40S&W, and a high end 1911.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I shot a friend's SIG P220 last week, and was amazed at the accuracy....but it felt a little large in my hand. So, probably a P245 would be next on my shopping list. :cool:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The 500 S&W tempts me at times. Than I think about how much it will cost to shoot it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
P7M13...how do you justify $1300 on a 9mm?

S&W 460...I want a gun with gain twist rifling but already have its big brother so how do you justify a grand for something you have 90% of?

FN five-seven...like the concept, but haven't heard anything good abour FN itself. Probably get it eventually.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Never had a Remington XP in my life, but then again I'm not that type of shooter. Thought of another Desert Eagle 44Mag, but one was enough for me, til I traded it quick. (lotsa FTE and some FTF) :frown:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts