Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I took one of the first CCW courses when it became law in Missouri, and never turned in the paperwork because for my purposes being able to have a piece in the car was good enough. A couple of months ago an instructor did the course with the proceeds going to charity, so it took it again and this time got the card.

I wear a suit and tie every day, which makes it pretty easy to carry concealed, but I'm just not comfortable carrying. By that I mean physically (not mentally) comfortable. If I found a pistol and a simple rig that I wouldn't notice I might be inclined to carry regularly, but, again, for my purposes a clip-on holster under my coat, when I go into situations that may require it, seems to suffice. I have several pocket knives that would be illegal to carry without CCW, and it is very nice to be able to carry the pocket knife of my choice without worrying about breaking the law.

Other than that I have been hunting and around firearms since I was a very small boy. I'm a husband, a father, a veteran, and a patriot who believes that the 2nd amendment is the anchor for all the rest of them and for our freedom in general. I am a lifetime NRA member, and shoot at least once a month even if its only clay-birds.

I mainly joined because I was doing some google searches and several of the threads came up. Subsequently I made a discovery that I wanted to share with the board...which I will do immediately.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Welcome from the PRM!

You will get all kinds of advice concerning carry weapons, holsters, etc... here, just ask. Lot of good people on this board.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee.......the "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff!"

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Welcome from Southwest Florida.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Well Howdy Hay from WA state Today.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Welcome from Delaware! Oh, don't take your knives to a gunfight!

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only three things come from Kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons of ......

(Don't tell nobody I went to KU)

Lawrence isn't part of Kansas anyway...

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At your age a gunfight is the only fight you'll be having!

I don't believe there is such thing as a knife "fight"...the way I learned it anyway.

What's the average range of a defensive engagement anyway?

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Go Cards, and go republican controlled Jefferson City! As I read the threads from other states I count myself lucky to live in a sane state.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Howdy from Ohio...good to have you in the house!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts