Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Josh Smith. I'm from Wabash IN.

After seeing my state pass a lifetime CCW permit (for $100 for current holders, and $125 for non-licensed people!) and a define, in law, that we do not have a duty to retreat from a threat so "why didn't he just run away?" type arguments can't be used against us in court, I figured I better get involved in politics again.

Speaking of politics, they do leave a bad taste in my mouth, but I reckon it's a necessary evil.

I have to get some sleep right now (a problem with me the regular posters will notice :rolleyes: ) but I look forward to participating.

I'll likely lurk before I do much posting.

Thanks for having me.

Josh <><

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Welcome Josh, feel free to jump in and start posting. It's great to get several different opinions on a subject.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Josh.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hi Josh and welcome :smilez:

Sounds like you are working nights! Look forward to reading some of your thoughts over time. Let us know your carry preferences.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Hi Josh

Welcome! :usflag:
No need to just Lurk.
Jump right in & post. No Problem!
Friendly and easy going folks here.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome - :smilez:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Josh
Glad to have you with us.
Mike

·
Registered
753 Posts
Howdy from TX... and welcome

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Gents, Ladies,

I'm well rested now and believe I can put together a coherent post :)

My carry preferences tend toward the larger end, to wit, a Taurus 92 pre-decock model customized by yours truly. The baddies around here roam in packs and I prefer the extra firepower. I am, however, looking around at snubbies and mini-pistols for deep concealment. Right now I just wear the thing on my belt and toss on a cover garment.

I carry two spare magazines, giving my a total of 45 rounds. Before you bust my chops on this one, it's not the round count, but the number of mags. I would carry two with a 1911 as well (and plan to. I'm waiting to see an example of the Taurus version before I make any buying plans). The reason is simple: malfunction clearance. Sure, that extra firepower is comforting but I don't realistically expect I'd survive long enough to accurately place even 15 rounds if a confrontation found me. (Remember the IPSC champ who was shot down as he double tapped his way down a row of three baddies? I don't think I'm that fast.) Malf clearance only.

My ammo preference varies. It's usually Cor®Bon 125gr, Black Hills 124gr, and right now it's Federal EFMJ 124gr +P. I believe in placement over power, but that's me.

Josh <><

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Welcome from Idaho

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Hi Joshua....welcome to the forum and sorry for the belated greetings...I was in Miggy's neck of the woods...Miami.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.