Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just happened across this forum, and it looks like my kind of place. Been around the web since the old ShootersTalk days. I'm 47 and an avid shooter. I'm home-based in Alabama.

Have attached photos of a few of my favorites.

Best,
Jon

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
... and one that's on the way ... and the finest rifle I have ever owned.

Best,
Jon

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Bud.

Best,
Jon

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, sir. Am looking forward to it. Have done some looking through the threads, and I'm surprised to see that I don't know many of the folks here. Am lookin' forward to making some new friends.

Best,
Jon

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hey Jon - big Hi :smile:

Good to have some pics of your artillery up front - we all usually thirst for info on new guy's preferences etc.

Hope you'll enjoy your stay with us.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Welcome to you, BigJon, and your 1911s.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Welcome. Lots of 1911 fans here. You'll feel right at home.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Yep, I do like 1911s, but I'm not too vehement about it - I do have a wheelgun or two myself. I even think Glocks are great, but I can't seem to get my hand used to the grip angle, and rather than trying to re-train myself to hold the darn things lower, I just stick with what works for me - 1911s, my wonderful, beaten-up old warhorse of a BHP, and the occasional Sig. I still get a little time in with one of the first firearms I ever bought, a Smith Model 586 4". Sorry I had to pull the thumbnail of the finest rifle I ever owned. I had to add it to another thread ...

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1410&page=8

... and couldn't figure out how to leave the thumbnail here and also use it there. Sorry - low-tech of me, I know.

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Welcome again, BigJon! Your posts on the "Tactical Rifle" thread were awesome :hand56: Please contribute whenever the urge strikes.

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Always good to see some new blood coming aboard, I too have a certain soft spot in my heart for the ole 1911, ‘cept now-a-days it is a Para-Ord P-14. I was seduced by the dark side (Glocks) but find myself returning. Have been looking at the pics of some of your ordnance, must say our tastes are similar. Again welcome and you will find as good a bunch here as anywhere on the web.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome to the group. I have many 1911s, but never carry them. I'm firmly on the darkside, combat tupperware :biggrin:

You'll love the group, many disparate views and ideas. Just watch out for our 1911 primate. He goes Ape :banana: when he discovers a new 1911 lover. Sorry Bruce, I couldn't resist the bad puns :biggrin:

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
dpesec said:
Just watch out for our 1911 primate. He goes Ape :banana: when he discovers a new 1911 lover. Sorry Bruce, I couldn't resist the bad puns :biggrin:
Thats alright, everyone gets there digs in somewhere :smile:

Jon Welcome there is a special place here for us 1911 guys, but if I tell you the password, you musn't tell a sole:27:, and you must swear off Glocks for the rest of your life. Then you can be welcomed:shakehand into the (soon to be dominate) 1911 world :biggrin: .

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Welcome to CombatCarry, BigJon! Glad to have you. :smile:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
welcome. I enjoy reading some of your posted responses already.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
ROLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!! I graduated from BAMA in 1980 and I'm 48. I have two 1911's but rarely carry them. Welcome! I have already enjoyed your posts.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.