Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just started down the path of gun ownership, taking our CCW class next week.

Finally decided the old Webley wasn't enough to keep in the drawer, so we picked up a pair of .38 S&W with the laser grips. Yeah, cheating, but you know, I'd rather see where that bullet was headed than not, since I've not shot since in my early teens with my grandfather...and then just .22 "BB shot" stuff and rifles.

Wife opened her own business and that's what sold her on the idea, since she'll be carrying lots of cash.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Welcome Prof. Nothing wrong with laser sights. Many on this forum use them.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas!!

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
You ~ Your Wife AND Your Two Smith/Wesson Firearms

Are all welcome here. :yup:
The four of you. :rofl:
Please jump right in.
Thanks for registering. :usflag:
You are already off to a super great start.
You ditched the Webley...you bought the S&W Wheelies...you're both taking a CCW class....and You're HERE. PERFECT!....so far.

Sounds like a plan to me! :congrats:

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Welcome and good pick on the 38 sp.

frankmako

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Alabama.

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Look around and enjoy. If you have any questions you'll find a bunch of friendly folks with answers here.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Texas. And "Good luck" to your wife with the new business. Enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, all!

We're glad to finally go where we should have gone before. I went to the range yesterday and gave both the Webley and my .38 a box of ammo to practice with. Amazing feeling, both of 'em.

My wife will be going to the range on Wednesday (with the CCW class) and I imagine we'll be going to the range a few times a week during the next 30 days. (The range where we bought 'em gives one month free range time.) And then, at least once every month just to stay sharp.

I know it is an "oldie" but I agree that "Gun control means you hit what you aim at."

BTW, with the lasers, I was thinking of having it just stay parallel on my revolver rather than sighting in at a distance. Saw a little discussion on that on the boards, but was looking for some feedback.

I mean, it makes sense to have it parallel and just know the bullet will be about an inch to the left and adjust up/down, but then sighting in at 21 ft.....

Any thoughts?

Thanks again for the warm welcomes.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome from Arizona - :smilez:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
welcome. Nothing wrong with lasers. I would sight it in at a few diffrent distances and see if there is much diffrence between diffrent ranges. Just don't rely on your laser sight for everything. anything can and may fail at the worse possible moment.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hi prof and welcome :smilez:

I am a CT grip fan and have several. I personally suggesting sighting them for approx 7-10 yards - that way parallax effects will be quite small either side of that distance - certainly enough for good hits. I do not think leaving them pure parallel as a beam is good - JMHO.

And yes too - the laser is an adjunct - only to be used and found via normal sighting or pointing - and so seen if light low enough - then of course immensely useful addition.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Congrats and welcome from RI. Nothing wrong with laser grips to help you gain confidence. Good luck with the new business and look forward to your post.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you. Since the focus here is practical CCW, you won't find many who will speak poorly of the lasers. Every edge you can claim in a fight is a good edge.

·
Registered
753 Posts
glad to see y'all are goin' to the range. practice, practice, practice. When needed, your weapon shouldn't have to be figured out first before you use it, and familiarity breeds confidence.

Welcome to the zoo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.