Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, looking forward to reading and participating in the forums and learning everything I (we - my wife and I) can about carry / weapons / training / equipment. Lifetime shooter - started early plinking and hunting...more recently became interested in defensive carry / concealed carry. Started taking my wife to the indoor range; she now loves to shoot and admittedly is a much better shot than me. We both recently took a concealed carry class and are getting our carry license. She mostly shoots a SA EMP 9mm but loves my Sig 229 in .40 (too big to carry IMHO)...I mostly shoot a Kimber Ultra Covert II. Really looking forward to learning what we can from everyone...

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Howdy from SW Ohio...good to have you in the house!

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin, Larry!

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Welcome from mid-Michigan!

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

·
Registered
69 Posts
howdy from NE ohio as well, I just finished my CC class and submitted my paperwork. I have learned a lot already from the forums and continue to every day. Enjoy and welcome.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina...

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Welcome from Southwest Florida.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hello, Larry, and welcome to you and your wife from Missouri to a great forum. Good people and info here!

Since you are interested in learning about this handgun, self defense arena, check out the many free YouTube videos made by Massad Ayoob, a world-class instructor in handgun use and self defense, who has recorded training sessions in Judicious Use of Force, Shoot to Live, Home Invasion, Preparation for Home Defense, and What to Do After a Shooting. Just Google his name and these topics and the YouTubes should show up. Very good instructional information from an expert, and free.

Here is a very good technical review of self defense ammo, when you want to consider this:
Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

This is an informative review by a doctor of different gunshot wounds effects; we all need to be aware of this real-life information:
Doctor Talks About Gunshot Wounds

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!

Reactions: LarryJP

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts