Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all of you who share my passion and enthusiasm about firearms. I believe in the right to keep and bear firearms; but I also believe there are some people who should not be allowed to carry guns just as much as I believe in the right to keep and bear arms.

I am a retired Coast Guard Chief Warrant Officer Four; tact and diplomacy aren't family traits and then I get a job where I am allowed to speak my mind!

I currently work for the Department of Homeland Security as a Customs and Border Protection Officer on the Northern Border - please don't ask me questions about crossing the border with a handgun - Canada takes a very dim view of handguns going into their country; and punishment is severe. (arrest and jail)

I prefer some variation of 1911 for off-duty carry but I switch up a bit too - Colt Delta Elite, Combat Commander .38 Super, S&W 1911PD .45, Sig GSR 1911, Colt New Agent, ParaOrd C6.45LDA, Browning High Power .40, or Colt 1908 .380, Walther PPK, Colt Cobra, or a Glock 29 or 30; these are a few of steady off-duty carry guns.

At work it is an H&K P2000 in .40 S&W, not my choice (I miss the Glock 17 we used to carry) but it works.

I'll try not to bee too opinionated in my posts but like my rank indicates in some circles it is expected!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Welcome from the Ozarks. My favorite thing is to teach my little nieces to say hello sailor. Now I am teaching my grand nieces. Lots of fun except when their moms catch me.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Welcome aboard from Mississippi.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Welcome from Victoria, B.C. :wave:

If I ever come across you when I travel South, rest assured I have all my ATF form 6NIA's and other documents in order when traveling with a firearm. :image035:

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
I was rather amazed when in Canada, many people would ask me why we "owned guns", etc. However, every day they reported on the news numerous cases of people getting beat to death with baseball bats, stabbed, strangled, etc. I told them, I would rather just be shot.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Glad to see a fellow shallow water sailor here.

Welcome

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.