Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new hear and I am glad to see a section about edged weapons. Just wanted to know how many here actually buy custom made knives and wich makers you buy from.

·
Administrator
143,825 Posts
Hi Shannon

Welcome Shannon!
We sure do like our assorted defensive weapons...Edged and otherwise.
I like reading about the various knives that folks collect & own so be sure to let us know what you like.
Feel Free to post all your knife questions in the blade forum.
That's a good topic ~ Open up a new thread.
:welcom2:

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Hi shannon, welcome, please introduce yourself in the new members area.
Feel free to post and share your ideas.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
I must admit I have never bought a custom knife and doubt I will unless I find something that I suddenly can't live without. I carry a Benchmade Stryker most of the time and I have a couple of others but I'm not really a knife guy. :wink:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Shannon,
This place needs you to start some great conversations about knives!
It has been slow to start, but with your expertise it may get happening here!

I have one true custom knife, but I am at home with nice production pieces. I like to carry them, so a high quality production knife works for me. That is why I like Microtech, Benchmade,Chris Reeve, Merc-Worx, AlMar, Charles Ox, and a few others.
I have a couple of "GT" auto knives, and I don't see those that much anymore.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Welcome .. I have one custom knife somewhere think in the safe not to muc into them spend most my money on guns :RockOn mi

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have quite a few knives, but only two real custom pieces. One is a knife made from a railroad spike that I bought purely for looks, however it turned out to be a decent knife. The second is a custom ANZA knife I just purchased, I haven't recieved it yet, but I expect it today or tomorow.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Hi shannon,

I don't have any true custom pieces. I like to drool through arizonacustomknives.com. And doggone it (it's all your fault) I just had to take a peek again, clicked on one link, and already found something I like.

This is my fanciest gem here:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Honestly, I'm starting to think custom knives are a bit overrated. I have a Jens Anso Personal Sheepfoot, a Kathleen Tomey Day Hiker, and a Larry Beverly linerlock. The first two were built to my specs, the latter purchased at a show. I like them all, but at the end of the day, my favorite knife is my small sebenza. The problem I have with customs and high end production knives is that I worry too much about them or feel like I've wasted my money if I don't use them enough. I don't feel that way about guns. I don't know why I feel that way about knives.

Betty, I like that Spyderco, what model is it?

Chris

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome shannon - another newbie here!

My passion is firearms but always have appreciated some of the fine work done by the Kershaws of this world... and others.

I do have one blade I like a lot - and carry daily. Buck Mayo-TNT. Scary sharp and not too heavy.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
mtnbkr,
That's the Spyderco Mike Walker limited edition with carbon fiber/blue anodized titanium, and I believe it's the only Swiss made Spyderco. Spyderco also made a Zytel "Lightweight" model. Both have been discontinued (which really irks me, because I had the Mike Walker Lightweight, gave it away, and really want another one).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the welcome guys. I see some friends here from other forums. Sorry it took me so long to get back to this place but I have been buisy being a moderator at another forum.

As far as customs go there are three makers that I really like. Tom Mayo, Neil Blackwood, and Jim Burke.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts