Defensive Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
I've been wanting the .45. Gotta wonder how much easier it would be to pick up that front site in a defensive-draw scenario.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
The XDs is a solid gun, but for me it is much like the Shield in 9mm...what's the point?? The reason why I say this is multifold:

a) They aren't that small, for only a little more weight and size you can go double stack like an XDSC, G26, M&Pc etc. and virtually double capacity.
b) If you are going to have such low capacity, why not make it as large a caliber as reasonably possible? The XDs 45 appeals to me, 9mm not so. Same goes for the Shield, I'd go .40, but really I wish there was a 357 Sig variant or at least a conversion barrel.

Is there going to be a .40 XDs?

·
Registered
155 Posts
hickok45 is the cats meow! im quoting someone else here but. " I could listen to hickok45 talk about cotton balls for four hours" hahaha so true that guys awesome.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The XDs is a solid gun, but for me it is much like the Shield in 9mm...what's the point?? The reason why I say this is multifold:

a) They aren't that small, for only a little more weight and size you can go double stack like an XDSC, G26, M&Pc etc. and virtually double capacity.
b) If you are going to have such low capacity, why not make it as large a caliber as reasonably possible? The XDs 45 appeals to me, 9mm not so. Same goes for the Shield, I'd go .40, but really I wish there was a 357 Sig variant or at least a conversion barrel.

Is there going to be a .40 XDs?
What if you need a pretty slim gun but also can't handle the recoil of a .40. I would think the 9mm XDs would be more appropriate for a new shooter, female, or older person who can't handle the recoil of a .40. I am just guessing here but I assume that is the target market.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
What if you need a pretty slim gun but also can't handle the recoil of a .40. I would think the 9mm XDs would be more appropriate for a new shooter, female, or older person who can't handle the recoil of a .40. I am just guessing here but I assume that is the target market.
I honestly think thin/slim guns are WAY over rated. My 1.18 inch thick G26 conceals better than my sub 1 inch thick Kahr CW9 because the Glocks grip is shorter. If you can have thin AND short then go for it, but if your primary concern is concealment I really believe that grip length is a more important stat then overall width.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Everybody has to remember that different guns conceal better for different body types. My extended grip mag on the shield concealed better than my g26 with the flush mag. Different strokes for different folks !

·
Registered
271 Posts
I honestly think thin/slim guns are WAY over rated. My 1.18 inch thick G26 conceals better than my sub 1 inch thick Kahr CW9 because the Glocks grip is shorter. If you can have thin AND short then go for it, but if your primary concern is concealment I really believe that grip length is a more important stat then overall width.
My CM9 conceals miles better than my G27, so I would agree. With that being said, I love thing single stack guns. For me, they just shoot so perfectly.

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
I have a XDS45 perfect in everyday use, but it is a bit heavy for pocket carry.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I prefer the XDSin 45. I can see ppl liking the 9mm. But in 40SW I think it would have to much recoil in a small gun. My Xds45 has less felt recoil then my bigger Glock 27. Dunno jmo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts