Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran across something and thought I should share it with all of you. Check out this bed with a hiding spot for shotguns. Hide Your Guns | LumberJocks.com :: woodworking community
I know most folks here are not real open about how they hide their weapons. But it would be nice to hear or see some other ideas.
Mike

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Interesting concept. Way too far out of reach for me if I was sleeping in the bed though. I have lots of ideas. Problem is....I can't take pictures of my ideas.

·
Banned
5,253 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I generally keep my guns in one of these, unless actively using them at the time.

Gun Safes, Fort Knox: Americas Best Made Gun Safes, Hand Gun, Fireproof, Home and Vault Doors

The shotgun goes under the bed at night when I go to bed. In the morning, or what passes for morning for me, it goes back in the safe. The other guns that are out for home defense duty also go back into the safe when I'm not home.

Biker
+1. My safe is on my side of the bed about a foot or so past the foot of the bed, against the wall. Shottie is behind full length curtains at headboard. The curtains have an opening between the sections, right at the edge of the headboard. No fumbling to get to the 870.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
I generally keep my guns in one of these, unless actively using them at the time.

Gun Safes, Fort Knox: Americas Best Made Gun Safes, Hand Gun, Fireproof, Home and Vault Doors

The shotgun goes under the bed at night when I go to bed. In the morning, or what passes for morning for me, it goes back in the safe. The other guns that are out for home defense duty also go back into the safe when I'm not home.

Biker
Fort Knox...this is an impressive safe...:yup:

I have two Brownings, but guns needed at home are always out and ready...locked away only if we leave.:scratchchin:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I have a drawer under our bed as well. It's not as deep as the drawer in your link but long and wide enough to lay 6 long guns flat. The bedspread covers the entire drawer access and would be difficult for an intruder to find unless he flipped the bed over and trashed the room. I dont keep anything loaded in the drawer, it's for storage only.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I take it you have never been burglarized. Anybody in your house illegally looking for things to steal will trash the room, flip over beds and rifle through any drawer or cabinent. Get a safe and lag bolt it to a concrete floor.

I have a drawer under our bed as well. It's not as deep as the drawer in your link but long and wide enough to lay 6 long guns flat. The bedspread covers the entire drawer access and would be difficult for an intruder to find unless he flipped the bed over and trashed the room. I dont keep anything loaded in the drawer, it's for storage only.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I take it you have never been burglarized. Anybody in your house illegally looking for things to steal will trash the room, flip over beds and rifle through any drawer or cabinent. Get a safe and lag bolt it to a concrete floor.
This. My next door neighbor's place was burglarized. They kicked the door in. Her apartment looked like a tornado hit it. Everything that could possibly hide something was destroyed. Her Ikea bed was broken apart and the mattress, slashed open, was all the way on the other side of the room. They smashed all of her ceramic figurines, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts