Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several years of a IWB and continuous discomfort, I'm opting for a high hip holster (for winter) and am looking for recommendations for the best for a Sig 228.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Well, I'm not familiar with the SIG 228, but I do know what a good hi-ride OWB holster is. I love mine for my G27.
belt holsters

·
Registered
106 Posts
Good looking holsters Ram Rod! I like them.....think I"ll give them a call.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The Milt Sparks 60-TK rides high as well. You may want to call them and ask if the Sig line is available in this holster style.

60TK

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Mitch Rosen is excellent quality gear.
My upper limit express is so sweet, I can't say enough about it. It was my first real quality holster for my first CC piece G27. Find some for sale on EBay now and then. I'm going for a Mitch Rosen ARG for the wife and her upcoming G26 when her permit comes through.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What ever you get I would not only look at something that rides high but also pulls the butt of the gun into you so that it flattens the profile. I also went from an IWB to a OWB because of comfort. You might look at South Fork Custom Holsters. The Wolverine rides high and tight with the back belt loop which pulls the butt of the pistol back into body making it very concealable. I have worn them daily with many different types of handguns and they are comfortable all days long.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use and like the Galco FLETCH Holster Galco holsters .

Great holster, fits real well, rides great and I wear it all day.

Good Luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's some others from Galco Galco holsters

The Cop 3 is nice as it allows a few ways to carry it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, thanks for the input. Some good choices here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good Morning, Before you make up your mind you need to read up on Pure Kustom holsters. His Black Ops Pro is infinitely adjustable. It can be adjusted to ride quite high and is VERY comfortable. You will also be amazed at the quality of workmanship from Rocky, the owner.
Do youself a favor and see his web sight, then Call the Man!! I LOVE Mine!!!:spankme::danceban::santaclaus:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Erick at Side Gaurd holsters,made this high slide holster and matching mag pouch,for my Glock 27,works very well rides right on belt,I wear it to work in,just covered with a t-shirt,he does good work,has made some good stuff,I have a 2 of his holsters,They are tough,I work in both of them..

This one is his double snap model for the Glock 27,its a IWB though,very comfy to wear to work in though,I switch back and forth...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have been carrying IWB for about eight months now and just picked up a Desantis Speed Scabbard 3 slot OWB. I have been wearing it around the house to break it in. I definitely rides about two inches higher than my IWB Cobra Gunskin. It holds my M&P 40c tight to my back at 3:30 position. It will take a bit of getting used to but I have not ruled it out. It's my first OWB and if you are on a "budget" give it a try. I got mine here---> Product: Right Hand Black Leather Speed Scabbard for Compact 9MM/40 Cal

·
Registered
163 Posts
UBG Bonneville. You won't be disappointed. They are AWESOME!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I agree with the Milt Sparks 60TK... it carries the gun just about as high as possible! :yup: You'll have to call MS to see if they make it for the P-228.

·
Super Moderator
50,583 Posts
Dont forget to shop here...it costs nothing to look.:rolleyes:
HOLSTERS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts