Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an attempt to make a long story short, I'm giving it a go. Ever since my wife has obtained her permit, she's been carrying my G27 IWB using my holsters, and has done well, or doesn't complain much even when asked about how well they work for her and the baby Glock. I've been searching for her a perfect holster, and she will be carrying the G26 after Christmas,and I'll get my G27 back. I won't mention the holsters of mine she's been through, but there are four total that she tried and never complained until prodded. Some of them were made for the compact Glocks and not the sub-compact specifically, but they worked for a time. With all that experience in my mind, I searched for the best holster for her, and checked out High Noon holsters as I've heard good experience with them through the forum members. So I gave it a shot on a basic package that I thought she'd love with all of the previous trials in mind. What we came up with is the High Noon Bare Asset holster for her G26/27. Might know that I had been hunting around for looks and function and fit in the medium price range so I could feel confident in her carry and I could get my holsters back. The High Noon bare asset has ended up being just the ticket. She's told me every day since it arrived just how much she likes it. Darned near my dream come true, as I'll keep her satisfied any way I can and then some. Hard to believe a $25 leather holster would complete my world, but it has. I'm a firm believer in supporting some of our site sponsors, but I have on several occasions, and this deserves special mention. I've had plenty of previous experience with holsters myself, but choosing one of the best for someone else was kinda risky. But my decision on the perfect holster for my wife ended up being the best with the High Noon holster. Almost hard to believe actually. I can't say enough, and hopefully my wife will post her own experience with the High Noon Bare Asset for the benefit of the other ladies out there who CC on a daily basis. I think the quality and workmanship is unparalleled for the price. I'm seriously thinking about their Hidden Ally holster for myself.....once I get my wife that G26 and I get my G27 back! High Noon holsters can count themselves among my best resources now. Excellent holsters, excellent prices! Thank you Alex and team!
BTW...this holster works fine for the G26/27 with CTC lasergrip!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I run a Bare Asset when carrying IWB, great holster, have some problems at the range or what not, because it will try to collapse once you draw, but when you need it that really does not matter until after the situation has ended.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Bare assets are what i started out carrying with and they worked well for the money. i switched to owb carry now for more comfort. If only they made a OWB holster for my security six i'd probably get one :)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I have looked at their OWB holsters, but it appears to me that when you tighten your belt they will collapse and you will be unable to reholster with one hand. If, so that won't work for me.

I would love to know from someone who has one whether that is correct.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Give us a report when it comes in, be interested to hear what you and your wife think.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i have one of their tail gunners that i carry a full size 1911 in and it is as comfortable as all getout...they build a beautiful holster...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Another satisfied customer here. I carry my Glock 36 in a Public Secret, and my Glock 26 in either a Down Under or a Bare Asset. When not pocket carrying, I use a Mr. Softy for my Rohrbaugh.

As a general observation, the Bare Asset series rides higher than I care for. I get a much better result using a Bare Asset designed for a Glock 36 when carrying my 26; it seems to ride perfectly.

High Noon has great prices and great customer service, too.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I have looked at their OWB holsters, but it appears to me that when you tighten your belt they will collapse and you will be unable to reholster with one hand. If, so that won't work for me.

I would love to know from someone who has one whether that is correct.
They are molded exactly to the gun and are made with thick leather. After being wet molded, the leather is so compressed it becomes rock hard. We have never heard of them collapsing, they do not do that, its nearly impossible. You will get some flex to the holster depending on how tight you wear your belt, but that does not stop reholstering with one hand. The only complaint we get is that they are too hard and people want to oil them, a big mistake. Our holster need nothing aftre they leave here. They will semi soften (break in) with time but will never get soft or collapse.

PS: If there are any questions just email us at the site we are glad to help.

Take care
Justin
Hope that helps

·
Registered
74 Posts
I can agree with you, I wear my belt pretty tight, and for a IWB (Bare Asset) it does collapse alittle, could I re-holster with one hand probably, it is very much easier to use two hands or to take it off, holster and clip it back in...yes.

Again this is for the model that I own, I love it and am by no means putting the product down. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
They are molded exactly to the gun and are made with thick leather. After being wet molded, the leather is so compressed it becomes rock hard. We have never heard of them collapsing, they do not do that, its nearly impossible. You will get some flex to the holster depending on how tight you wear your belt, but that does not stop reholstering with one hand. The only complaint we get is that they are too hard and people want to oil them, a big mistake. Our holster need nothing aftre they leave here. They will semi soften (break in) with time but will never get soft or collapse.

PS: If there are any questions just email us at the site we are glad to help.

Take care
Justin
Hope that helps
Well Justin you sold me . . . I just ordered a Mr. Softy for my Sig 239.:danceban:

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
We were speaking about OWB being molded right to the gun. The one you ordered was designed to be as thin and as comfortable as possible. When you go that thin with the leather it will collapse. I was speaking about something like this for one handed reholster. Slide Guard

This here is what Ram Rod the orginal poster got Bare Asset

These here are in the same family.

Mr Softy

Split Decision

Hidden Ally

Justin

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
We were speaking about OWB being molded right to the gun. The one you ordered was designed to be as thin and as comfortable as possible. When you go that thin with the leather it will collapse. I was speaking about something like this for one handed reholster. Slide Guard

This here is what Ram Rod the orginal poster got Bare Asset

These here are in the same family.

Mr Softy

Split Decision

Hidden Ally

Justin
Not to worry . . . I knew exactly what you all were talking about. I have been considering the purchase of a Mr. Softy for sometime. Reading your discussion simply prompted me call up your site and pull the trigger. I'm just giving myself an early Christmas present. :santaclaus:

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts
High Noon is currently my favorite holster company. Just to give a point of reference, I also have a Milt Sparks VMII, a Crossbreed SuperTuck, and I used to have a Brommeland MaxCon V.

I recently bought a High Noon Public Secret (clip model) and it's every bit as good as the others mentioned with better pricing and availability.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
The Mr. Softy is my 'go to' holster...The best holster, for the money, on the market...

·
Administrator
144,227 Posts
:confused:
Just FYI ~ I have never heard of a High Noon OWB rig collapsing or any DC forum member reporting that they were not able to reholster their firearm in one of their finely crafted OWB rigs.
I can't even see that being a remote possibility...no matter how tight you cinched up your gun belt.
I am calling that a problem that just could not exist with a High Noon holster.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Heh. I guess this is a good place to admit that it looks as though -- thanks to High Noon -- I'm going to have to eat a little crow for something I said awhile back.

There was a thread asking members to mention "bad" holsters to avoid. I commented that if I had a nickel for every paddle holster I'd seen fly downrange on the drawstroke, I could buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Or somesuch.

One of the guys at High Noon read my post and dropped me a note that basically said, "Oh yeah? Try ours..."

Now this darn paddle holster from High Noon is sitting here mocking me and my cynicism. I've taken it to the range several times, used it for a bunch of dryfire, loaned it to a friend who took it through a class -- and neither one of us has gotten it to let go even once. Plus it's comfortable, well-designed, attractive, secure, solid, and looks as it if will last for a hundred years.

I'll be writing this one up "officially" after a few more tests (because old cynicism dies hard), but right now I just have to say that I hear crow is delicious with a little salt and lemon...

pax

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I have one of there OWB holster in horse hide(and a few others) and I think I could stand on it without it collapsing..lol
My USP almost locks in to place, it's formed so tight.
The make great holsters..

ETA:Good job Ram Rod for keeping the better half happy

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
The High Noon Bare Skin holsters that I have (both OWB) are very thin and add almost nothing to the width of the total carrying profile.

Granted, they are not re-inforced and do tend to collapse a bit once the pistol is drawn. However they do have enough memory in them to allow careful one handed reholstering. Not as fast as a Fobus:hand1:, but they vanish under the lightest cover garment, have fantastic retention properties, weigh almost nothing, hold the pistols at the right angle and height and look like they will last forever.

They don't creak or clack like some leather or kydex rigs and for every day carry they are darn hard to beat as far as price and availabilty. For range use or where constant and speedy reholstering is important get a re-inforced holster.

bosco

1 - 20 of 28 Posts