Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Sorry folks. Didn't mean to drop the question and run. lol I currently carry a Bersa BP9CC. With the current OWB holster, the belt runs just about immediately behind the trigger guard if I'm remembering correctly. I'll have to verify when I get home from work. I guess I'm looking for something where the top of the belt is maybe halfway down the trigger guard or even toward the bottom. I generally carry at about 2:30 and the lower riding rig makes it difficult to place or retrieve anything in that front pocket. I know carrying a not-so-popular firearm is going to limit my choices so figured I would seek as many options/possibilities as possible. Thanks!
No worries. FIST can make it. The K2 comes standard with a tension adjustment screw. Very concealable worn just behind the hip bone. Rides high and close.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Krounds makes a high ride kydex with straight drop. I use one to carry my Glocks(26/27). With a good gun belt it keeps Them in tight and high. I carry between 2:30 and 3:00 and can still access my front pocket. Price is ~$50.

·
Super Moderator
19,306 Posts
Sorry folks. Didn't mean to drop the question and run. lol I currently carry a Bersa BP9CC. With the current OWB holster, the belt runs just about immediately behind the trigger guard if I'm remembering correctly. I'll have to verify when I get home from work. I guess I'm looking for something where the top of the belt is maybe halfway down the trigger guard or even toward the bottom. I generally carry at about 2:30 and the lower riding rig makes it difficult to place or retrieve anything in that front pocket. I know carrying a not-so-popular firearm is going to limit my choices so figured I would seek as many options/possibilities as possible. Thanks!
Posting a picture of the holstered gun on your belt would be helpful.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
No worries. FIST can make it. The K2 comes standard with a tension adjustment screw. Very concealable worn just behind the hip bone. Rides high and close.
That one does look intriguing!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Posting a picture of the holstered gun on your belt would be helpful.
Good call! The belt actually crosses lower behind the trigger guard than I thought. So I would likely need one where the top of belt crosses near the bottom of the trigger guard or even just below. Maybe something similar to what HotBrass posted but like muzzleblast said, I’d be concerned about the stability.
View attachment 309778

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
The highest-riding OWB holsters that work properly are made by Bob Mernickle's shop.
Click on: https://www.mernickleholsters.com/products/142-ps6r1-the-extreme-high-rise-for-autos/

Bear in mind that if you are carrying a full-size pistol, the draw stroke from a high-ride holster can be pretty awkward.
Better would be to carry a small-to-medium-size pistol, for instance a 1911 Officers' Model.
This is so true, depending on your stature and physical condition. I have shoulder issues which makes drawing difficult if I have to bring my arm up higher to clear a high-riding holster. Some folks don’t take that into account before they purchase a high ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use a Mernickle OWB, high ride holster to carry my full size 1911 on a 1.25-inch gun belt. This set up works great and is very comfortable compared to IWB.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Doesn't help the OP any but, the best high riding OWB holster I have ever owned was this no name holster I got for one dollar on a Gunbroker auction.
The whole rig is less than an inch below the belt line. Helps to have a slim, lightweight gun and a 1.75" wide belt too. Holds it high and tight, very comfortable.
PPS OWB side.jpg

·
Registered
866 Posts
For leather I have tried several and the Highnoon topless\Sky High with the strap wins. For non leather - the OWB option in the Alien Gear Shape Shift Kit is pretty awesome....The entire Shape Shift Kit has worked well for me. I am fairly certain Alien Gear offers the OWB version without purchasing the entire Shape Shift Kit. I carry a Glock 27 or a Glock 23 - for the Alien Gear - I have different shells. The Highnoon is for the G27 exclusively. For me, my experience has been that anything larger than the Glock 27 will not high ride well in leather. Eventually the leather will relax enough for the larger guns to tilt out. Just my experiences.

·
Super Moderator
50,577 Posts
I think this makes me either the 3rd or 4th vote for Fist Holsters. I have a bunch of them and they have served me (high and tight) very well.

Reactions: gasmitty

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
I have one of these coming in soon Ronin Leather Holsters for my Sig P320.

I have been wearing Dave's holsters for about 10 years now and it is the only leather I buy. He is a combat veteran and I like buying from veterans instead of big anonymous entities.

Anytime I need a new holster I contact Dave and tell him my requirements for color, gun, ride height, cant and where I want to wear it. He does the rest for me. Can't recommend him enough.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts