Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to be in Colorado this Summer and will probably be doing some hiking while there. What can I take other than a gun? I have been reading about knives, and if I understand correctly any knife with a blade more than 3.5 inches is illegal to carry concealed? Also, any folding knife with any kind of assisted opening technology like gravity, or anything like that is also illegal? I read that pepper spray is allowed without restrictions? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Colorado knife laws a bit wonky, with no preemption and a mass of local statutes. I typically keep a <3.5" locking folder clipped to my pocket and forget about. Spring assist is fine, just not auto opening with a button (maybe changing soon due to easing of laws). Due to the bears, people pack the huge pepper spray can sisters without legal issue.

Where will you be hiking? Firearm OC allowed in National Forest/National Parks/BLM. Firearms must be concealed on permit when hiking on city and county owned "open space", which is most of the recreational land near Denver Metro.

I was born and raised in CO, living here for my whole life expect four years courtesy of Uncle Sam- feel free to ask any questions.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll buy some bear spray when I am in Denver. I am not sure where I'll be hiking yet, generally places within 2 hours of Denver.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Carry a bag of Cheetos to toss as a distraction if you are cornered by angry pot heads...
Cornered, by angry, potheads? :blink:

You, my fine friend, got the Cheetos part exACTLY right. Yet the rest hints that you MAY not know, nor have you befriended, many...potheads. :rofl:

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Cornered, by angry, potheads?

You, my fine friend, got the Cheetos part exACTLY right. Yet the rest hints that you MAY not know, nor have you befriended, many...potheads. :rofl:
There i was, November 9th, Dillon, CO coffee shop surrounded by patchouli oil. I barely got out of there with my Rand Paul bumper skicker! :yup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts