Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Russ Feingold is looking to replace the Republican Senator incumbent in WI. This journalist went undercover to a fundraiser in Silicon Valley where Feingold is discussing Hillary's plan for the 2nd ammendment.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,194 Posts
Most of this is ignorant BS. You can't just buy a gun over the internet and have it delivered to your house, it must go thru an FFL. I cannot remember the last time I went to a gun show and could buy a gun from a vendor without filling out a 4473 besides random private sales.

The "gun Show loophole" is a joke.

·
Super Moderator
24,649 Posts
We know this is what they think. We know this is how they think. We know they try to hide their intent through the veil of the "one child" and "gun safety dogma". We know HRC is comfortable telling different groups different things dependent on what the group wants to hear (e.g. Wall Street) and we know they will not hesitate to rape and plunder the Constitution to attain their goals.

:rant:

Of interest, @WisBen, how is the Russian doing in the polls?

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
No shock here. I suspect HRC will win and we will have all kinds of ridiculous controls. These will have no effect on violent crime. They will however generate lots of tax revenue. Get ready for the Federal Gun & Ammo excise tax of 25%. Then the liability law change and watch most of the US gun manufacturers and sellers and FFL's get sued out of business. It's only a matter of time. BTW, she will probably have the Interstate Commerce Commission regulate the movement of firearms across state lines. Maybe by creating a licensing division to have a "travel license" which few will qualify for. The EPA might regulate the poisonous lead in bullets...yadda yadda yadda.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I watched the whole thing and I never did see any real plan put forward. Yeah they don't like handguns, yeah they don't like Armalite's or Kalashnikov's or anything that looks like them. But there's nothing new here. I had thought that the plan was for Obama to be the one issuing all the executive orders right before he leaves office but it looks more like the new theory is that it's all going to be left up to Clinton to do

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We know this is what they think. We know this is how they think. We know they try to hide their intent through the veil of the "one child" and "gun safety dogma". We know HRC is comfortable telling different groups different things dependent on what the group wants to hear (e.g. Wall Street) and we know they will not hesitate to rape and plunder the Constitution to attain their goals.

:rant:

Of interest, @WisBen, how is the Russian doing in the polls?
No idea how the "Russian" is doing...but I imagine the polls are a bit unreliable in this highly irregular election year.

As far as the gun show and Internet loopholes, the only thing I can figure is that they are talking about private sales. Maybe they expect private citizens to perform background checks on each other to make a private gun sale. Ain't gonna matter much in the not to distant future what either side wants because the country won't be able to afford to pay anyone to enforce anything.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Most of this is ignorant BS. You can't just buy a gun over the internet and have it delivered to your house, it must go thru an FFL. I cannot remember the last time I went to a gun show and could buy a gun from a vendor without filling out a 4473 besides random private sales.

It certainly is and there's no such thing, but the general public doesn't know this. This term, just like "assault weapon", was coined specifically for the public to cause a negative gut reaction. A perfect political ploy and has worked every time. So much so that with the term "assault rifle", even gun people now use this term when speaking of AR's. How's that for convincing those who should know better?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No idea how the "Russian" is doing...but I imagine the polls are a bit unreliable in this highly irregular election year.

As far as the gun show and Internet loopholes, the only thing I can figure is that they are talking about private sales. Maybe they expect private citizens to perform background checks on each other to make a private gun sale. Ain't gonna matter much in the not to distant future what either side wants because the country won't be able to afford to pay anyone to enforce anything.

I just realized my original post said Russian Feingold lol....dang auto correct. Should be Russ. I thought when Rock and Glock was asking about the Russian he was referring to Trump, lol.

·
Super Moderator
24,649 Posts
I just realized my original post said Russian Feingold lol....dang auto correct. Should be Russ. I thought when Rock and Glock was asking about the Russian he was referring to Trump, lol.
I knew you were referring to Russ. I thought "Russian" was a clever pseudonym. :rofl:

How is Russ doing in the polls?

·
Banned
5,171 Posts

Yeah, dangerous nonsense- made more dangerous because I think the general public believes it. Just in casual conversations I've had with people I know that people think it's a thing. Most people seem to think that dealers can sell at guns shows without background checks which is utterly untrue. Heck, I think a lot of lawmakers even believe it.

I'm not getting too exited about anything until Hillary actually gets elected.
Until then, its all just hot air.
Ditto. I think there's virtually no doubt she'll win but unless the Repubs lose both houses it will be pretty hard for her to get much gun grabbin' going. And unless they lose the judiciary it will be hard to get a really anti-gun judge appointed to the SCOTUS, too. Even then the general principle of stare decisis suggests that previous rulings will stand.

Reactions: Bad Bob

·
Registered
43 Posts
If Hillary is elected, which looks more likely with each passing day, the Second Amendment will cease to exist within a few years. Hillary will use executive orders to start curtailing gun right around the edges. When the NRA and other gun rights groups start filing lawsuits against the executive orders, the federal courts will rule and whichever side loses will appeal to the appellate level. If the Second Amendment advocates lose at the appellate level, their request to have the issue heard by the Supreme Court will be denied. If the issue does make it to the Supreme Court, by the time these cases wind through the judicial system, the court will be packed with liberal justices who will overturn previous decisions such as declaring that the Second Amendment is an individual right and not dependent upon membership in a militia.

If Hillary is elected, look for executive orders instituting national background checks for all gun sales, a national gun registry, background checks for ammunition sales, limits on the amount of ammunition that can be purchased in a single incident, retroactive bans on semiautomatic firearms and > 10 round magazines, a total ban on fully automatic firearms and a repeal of the law that protects gun manufacturers when their legally purchased, properly functioning products are used in a crime.

When these executive orders are instituted and after a few years, the crime rate has not gone down, the so-called progressives will state that that the failure proves that their efforts to date have been insufficient and that more gun laws are required to get criminals to start obeying the law.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
To all of those who have chalked up a win for Hilldog...take a deep breath! It is not over!

PLEASE vote DJT on election day. With over 5 million NRA members and 100 million gun owners we can turn this into a route! But we have to show up at the polls!

By the way...are there any 2A supporters in the STL area who need a ride to their polling place? Please PM me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd like to think the best, and I'm certainly going to vote against HRC, but I'm getting that sinking feeling in my stomach that the worst is yet to come. Yes, it CAN be turned around, but it's very unlikely given the downward spiral. My gut says to resume stocking up on ammo and firearms in ways that can't be traced (all legal, of course).

·
Registered
520 Posts
HC questions not only the 2nd Amendment but all the Bill of Rights.

Hope this is the correct place to post this. The link is from a generally accepted source (Forbes)

A little news on HC. I try to use credible sources like Forbes, etc.
"...And here again, the Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment. And I am going to make that case every chance I get.”

Forbes Welcome

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
If HRC wins the fight will be to thrown into the Congress. Unfortunately they have abrogated much responsibility and can't be depended upon.

By the way, don't forget that local politicians grow up to be National politicians so vote wisely on the local and state levels too; it's not all about the Presidency.

·
Banned
894 Posts
President can not make laws. The Supreme Court likes to point this out. So does congress. Your vote farther down the page is probably more important than the one at the top. Think, then vote. Those in Chicago, vote twice.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Assuming the unthinkable happens and the beast is elected, I wonder just what actions that could be taken that would affect the gun owner that already has the guns he needs, all the ammo that he needs for a few years, and any reloading components that could get him by in a crunch. I doubt that anybody would be foolish to register their arms, or disclose their ammo supplies, or consider paying any tax associated with guns. The gestapo wouldn't be going door to door confiscating arms, nor UN BS. My action will be no action at all. Of course you will have to kiss your carry rights bye.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts