Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you America’s “Top Shot”? The History Channel is seeking marksmen with amazing firearm skills

If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 in prizes on TV’s first marksmanship competition show. The History Channel and the producers of The Ultimate Fighter are looking for anyone with mind-blowing shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught, average Joe (or Jane!). As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s first “Top Shot.”

APPLY TODAY!
To apply, email [email protected] with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you should be on the show. Deadline to apply is January 18, 2010. For more information, visit Pilgrim Films & Television and click on “CASTING” or call 818-728-3729 TODAY!

* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship

·
Registered
642 Posts
mind-blowing shooting skills and a big personality
That big personality requirement can be wrought with problems and exploited. Reality TV is in the business of creating "entertainment". Most of the shooters I know who meet the criteria for ability won't meet the criteria for personality. Shooters are better off if the folks who meet the criteria for personality ala "tactical commando" and "mall ninja" persona's out of the public eye.

·
Registered
4 Posts
History Channel seeking marksmen for new competition show!

If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 in prizes on TV’s first marksmanship competition show. The History Channel and the producers of The Ultimate Fighter are looking for anyone with mind-blowing shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught, average Joe (or Jane!). As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s first “Top Shot.”

APPLY TODAY!

To apply, email [email protected] with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you should be on the show.

Deadline to apply is January 18, 2010. For more information, visit Pilgrim Films & Television and click on “CASTING” or call 818-728-3729 TODAY!

* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship

·
Registered
431 Posts
This could go one of two ways.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I saw this same announcement at SigForum in December and very seriously I'd thought to submit an application.
Forwarded the idea to my wife and everything.

Major problem though is that it requires ability to be available for a month (!) as on site in CA.
A month away from my family and work to participate in a tv show?
Too much of a stretch and burden.

It sounds like a lot of fun though.
Too bad I don't live and work in CA.

- Janq

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
It sounds like you need some good sponsor or a few bucks stashed away for
foolishness to be away from home and the wife for a month. A week or two she'd good riddance and have fun and win a least your costs if you want to do it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Um...did the people incharge of this project just advertise on the forum?

Also Im still working on my entrance video, gunfire at the local range is terrible for sound quality sometimes...it also doesnt help when that one in a million bad round makes one of your CC pieces jams.

·
8,501 Posts
Um...did the people incharge of this project just advertise on the forum?

Also Im still working on my entrance video, gunfire at the local range is terrible for sound quality sometimes...it also doesnt help when that one in a million bad round makes one of your CC pieces jams.
Why yes I believe they just did.

Well I know I can shoot with the best of them. After all my wife is pregnant again (#3). But I'm not sure about the personality thing. :blink:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I thought about applying until I looked at the application form. It looks like they want you to be in pretty good physical condition, submit a video, be familiar with a variety of firearms and "have a big personality". Also, the application looks like it was written by someone not real familiar with guns.

I have the free time, but I don't know if I'm in the kind of shape and would be up to the physical challenges you see on these reality shows.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Welp...color me hopeful, I applied.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts