Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Really like how this one is worded.

2nd Amendment Rights

In Heller v. District of Columbia, the United States Supreme Court ruled that the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution guaranteed an individual, fundamental right to keep and bear arms, and therefore ruled that the District of Columbia’s prohibition on firearms was un-constitutional. However, the Heller decision applied only to federal enclaves, such as Washington, D.C., and said nothing about whether the 2nd Amendment applies to state and local governments.

The Supreme Court has recently taken up the question of whether an individual right to keep and bear arms applies to individuals living in states and local communities. Please take part in my survey on 2nd Amendment Rights in the left sidebar.

January 2010 E-News

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Voted, but it didn't show results.:hand10:

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It will be in the next newsletter

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I don't understand the purpose of the poll. Is he trying to see what most people think to base his own opinion off of? It's obviously not just limited to his constituency...

-B

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Yeah, it seemed a bit like that to me as well.

-B

·
Registered
167 Posts
I voted that it applied to all American citizens but really its a human right that all people need to recognize.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Me Too! Sham. Just a Red Herring to gather email addresses.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Simple. By voting you subscribe to his newsletter.
He could care less what you think, he wants e-mail addresses.

I did not vote as it is a sham.
Me Too! Sham. Just a Red Herring to gather email addresses.
I have been signed up for about a year now and the only thing I get from him is the monthly newletter.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Sham, maybe, but if you've ever emailed your legislators before, they already have your email address.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Done...before seeing this post, but it deserves a bump IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts