Defensive Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most people think that we are crazy in the Great north. I usually run around with the HK 45ACP full size on the hip. Very accurate and can get the perfect grouping.

Hk45 perfect grouping - YouTube

Between this or the XDM9 5.25 gun. What one do you think I should carry.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Sorry, but all I can tell is that you managed to fire five rounds in the general direction of a target without the pistol jamming, or misfiring.

Reactions: Taurahe

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Can't tell as far as accuracy goes, but as far as caliber I would utilize the 45 Auto. This is just my preference, but ultimately it boils down to you and what you can comfortably deliver hits with.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I'm an HK fanboy, so I would advise the HK45! It's a pretty large gun to carry all day though.

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Range shooting is completely different than defensive shooting and one carries to defend themselves. Not sure at all what you are asking or what that video shows.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im showing the PERFECT GROUPING! But anyways. Thats my buddy shooting it. I have taken a course and I carry it when its cold as easy to conceal. I carry a baby gun when its hot cause I can carry that on the gym shorts when hot! I love the HK45 but totally agree its too f'in big. So Bodyguard.380 it is until I buy a Pro Carry Of course!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have to agree with the others, I can't tell anything about the grouping or even if paper was hit on this video. That said, the HK45 would be too large of a frame for every day carry for me. For defensive carry, a medium frame .40 S&W is plenty for me (like a Glock 23). As to the video, shots fired in a defensive situation will be much closer together that this range video-you will not have the luxury of that much time to reaquire the target. Remember most defensive shootings occur inside 5-7 yards.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Im showing the PERFECT GROUPING! But anyways. Thats my buddy shooting it. I have taken a course and I carry it when its cold as easy to conceal. I carry a baby gun when its hot cause I can carry that on the gym shorts when hot! I love the HK45 but totally agree its too f'in big. So Bodyguard.380 it is until I buy a Pro Carry Of course!
You are actually ONLY showing somebody shooting down range.
How do we know how perfect his grouping was, you ended the video too soon.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
It drives me nuts when someone shifts his grip between each shot!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im sorry , Thats my buddy like I said and next time I will for sure show more of the Target after Im Done. I actually sold that gun to him. I deceided that it is way to big for me. I bought an AK47 and a Bodyguard .380 for what I sold him the HK for. Sunday GunDay - YouTube
Anyone know anything about an VPER AK47? The bodyguard .380 is the last gun that is shot in the video!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I agree the HK45 is a little large for carry. I sold mine and bought a HK45c and that made a huge difference.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah Im thinking about selling it but I paid a pretty penny for it. No one wants to pay what it is worth. It shoots amazing good so i will probably just keep it as a range gun or an Open carry gun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts