Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, well my idea of perfected anyway.

Just got this pictures from my smith as he just received the parts back from Robar this morning. What started out as a used HK P2000 V2 LEM in .40:

Is now, HK P2000 357SIG & .40 (Rick Holmes pics, I'm not that talented):

Project stated in OCT (little over 5 months). I sent Rick at Lazy Wolf Guns my P2K, both barrels and two magazines. Before sending I had already:

1. Converted to V1
2. Added HK45C mag release
3. Added Trijicon HD sights
4. Added slim slide lock levers

I've carried it for a little over a year, initially in .40, but for the most part in 357S after buying an HK conversion barrel. Once I decided I really liked the P2K and the 357S I planned to make the mods to make it the way I like it. Rick has performed his master reset reduction package for a 4lb LEM trigger and also includes an action clean-up. I then had it shipped to Robar for their "Norton Special", in NP3+ which is basically coating everything but the polymer and springs. I also had the spare .40 barrel and mags done. I already have had my HK P30L V0 worked over by Rick, so I knew what to expect as far as the trigger mods. This is my 1st time dealing with the folks at Robar, that also went off without a hitch.

It gets test fired tomorrow, and shipped back to my FFL either late tomorrow or 1st thing on Monday. Good news is it will be back in time for a class I've signed up for on the 20th with Rob Pincus. I'll follow up with a range report about 20 minutes after I get my hands on it.

Chuck

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Sweet! I carry a P2000 V2 LEM most of the time and I have been wanting to do the V1 change to mine as well.

Reactions: Chuck R.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet! I carry a P2000 V2 LEM most of the time and I have been wanting to do the V1 change to mine as well.
Only takes a few minutes, simple tools and a couple springs, well, well, worth it IMHO. All of my LEMs have been converted to the "lite" side.....

IF you want to convert, I'll let you borrow my HK TRS "pliers" that make it a heck of a lot easier.

Chuck

·
Registered
953 Posts
Not seeing any images in your post. Just broken image icons.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Only takes a few minutes, simple tools and a couple springs, well, well, worth it IMHO. All of my LEMs have been converted to the "lite" side.....

IF you want to convert, I'll let you borrow my HK TRS "pliers" that make it a heck of a lot easier.

Chuck
I've been told it's pretty easy but I'm a little leery of trying to do it myself. I don't want a $700 paperweight!:redface:

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Sounds great! I'll be looking forward to your range report.

·
Administrator
144,133 Posts
Looking real good.

Robar....smart choice. :king:
Tough stuff.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Follow up>>>>>

The P2K arrived yesterday, so I headed out back after picking it up and put a couple hundred rounds through it in 357S and .40, sighted it in at the same time.

Zero issues reliability wise, accuracy is where it's always been. The trigger is sweeeeet, reset is very short, just the way I like it. The NP3+ coating was well done, very evenly coated, looks like the the coated parts were polished prior to coating. It is smooooth. Overall and attractive package.

The jury is still out on the NP3+ coating though. It is smooth, almost too smooth for on a pistol slide. It might just be that the P2K had a very smooth surface to begin with. I can foresee it slipping when wet. On the internals it seems to have worked very well though. IF I was going to undertake another project like this, I'd seriously look at having ROBAR do the internals and having the slide hard chromed. Another issue might be I had a new recoil spring installed, so it's got maximum tension at this point.

I'll get a chance to try it out this weekend in a carbine class and on the 20th in a defensive pistol class, then the 2nd 1/2 of the carbine class on the 29th, so time will tell on how the finish holds up. Sorry now pics now, I was focus'd on shooting and by the time I thought of pics sunset was on me and I still had to retrieve my brass.

Chuck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts