Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little background to this question: we aren't allowed to access gun related sites on our work computers, though they tolerate almost anything else. So, my boss asked me to post here because he can't ask the question through our work computer and he lives in the country where there's no broadband.

OK. He wants to buy an HK P2000 SK LEM. I guess it is an HK 9 mm sub compact; supposedly with a double action trigger that feels more like single action.

So, first question, anyone know what the trigger is like-- is it really more like single than double?

Second, he says that it comes with a decocker; similar to one on his HK in .45. For some reason, he is afraid to use the decocker and usually just puts his thumb under the hammer.

Anyone have a sense of how reliable the decockers are on these models?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Let me initially say -

Now, can't comment on this gun in detail, others can probably. I will tho say this - if a modern semi has a decocker - use it.

Your boss is taking unnecessary risks IMO lowering the hammer by hand - the decocker system of HK's, SIG's and Rugers just as examples - have a firing pin blocking mechanism making firing impossible - even tho gun should of course be always pointed safe when so using.

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
The LEM trigger is suppose to be less take up/travel than a conventional DAO pistol. Never tried 1 so can't say how good or bad it is.
I have used my decocker on my USP HK for years without a single problem. Letting a hammer down with fingers seems much more likely to AD the gun. BTW, someone here had a 9MM P2000 for sale. might want to check into it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the full size P2000 with the LEM trigger. I love it, but it has a longer trigger pull than most autoloader pistols. If you have ever fired a Para Ordnance LDA, it has a similar feel. I personally love the LEM and LDA trigger actions, and I am more accurate with them than I am more conventional 1911's and the DA/SA HK's.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
stickman483 said:
I have the full size P2000 with the LEM trigger. I love it, but it has a longer trigger pull than most autoloader pistols. If you have ever fired a Para Ordnance LDA, it has a similar feel. I personally love the LEM and LDA trigger actions, and I am more accurate with them than I am more conventional 1911's and the DA/SA HK's.
I have the fullsize P2000 w/ LEM trigger. I concur w/ above statement. It is not quite as sweet as the LDA trigger, but it is nice indeed.

The LEM trigger does NOT have a decocker. If he gets a P2000 w/ a decocker it will be a DA/SA trigger. A plus for the LEM trigger is that it has second strike capability.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
lots of articles about this particular pistol....
I'd like to have one chambered in .357 sig or .45 instead of 9mm or .40 though....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts