Defensive Carry banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is one for sale locally. Looks like a good deal but I don't know much about them. I read a lot of mixed reviews on the trigger especially. Anyone have some input on these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
The P2000 (V1) is positively my favorite HK out of the 4 I own, and is what I carry (357SIG V1).

It's just the right size for CCW, range use, and no issues taking it through a high volume class. Zero problems with mine in either .40 or 357SIG, very reliable pistol. While the P2K is my favorite, the V3 trigger.......not so much. I've had 3 HK DA/SAs and all 3 have been converted to LEM. Also the P series has a looooongish reset that will take some getting used to IF you're coming from a short reset gun, or you flip- flop pistols. To be fair, I'm not a fan of DA/SA and that's after having owned 5 SIGs and shooting one in IDPA for a while. The good news is like any HK, you can work on it yourself to swap out springs (lighten the DA pull) and even convert it to LEM if you decide the V3 isn't for you. Plenty of videos/tutorials available, parts are not that expensive.

Just so you know, CDNN has a sale on HK P2000 V3's right now for $499.99.......never seen them this low, might just pick one up as a spare.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/p2000-9mm....html?___SID=U

Chuck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts