Defensive Carry banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
IMHO it comes down to the flip of a coin.
They are both excellent choices and should be determined to what fits better in your hand?
Otherwise they are pretty much equal.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Which trigger in the HK??????

Do you want a DA/SA??

If you want a DA/SA IMHO, HK DA/SA triggers aren't all they're cracked up to be. They're "OK", but the SIG's, especially with the SRT will be better. I own 3 HK pistols that started out as DA/SA and I converted them to LEMs. IF you're not into DA/SA and willing to keep it C&L, then the HK P30V3S wins out IMHO due to the safety enabling C1.

IF the HK is a LEM, then my vote goes to the HK, I really, really, like the HK LEM for a defensive trigger and prefer it to any DA/SA on the planet.

IF I was choosing between the 2 new, I'd opt for the P30L or a 226 over either compact model, size really isn't an issue while sitting in a nightstand.

Chuck

·
Registered
10,163 Posts
Which one you like to shoot can use and clean the best?

Me would be a 229 legion ..Only as I have mags etc for it

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DA/SA. Don't like the Lem trigger at all. Perhaps I needed more training but found I slapped the trigger with the long talk up. Also don't want to fuss with a safety so probably better to go Sig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,163 Posts
DA/SA. Don't like the Lem trigger at all. Perhaps I needed more training but found I slapped the trigger with the long talk up. Also don't want to fuss with a safety so probably better to go Sig.

Just try to get a SRT or better yet a Legion trigger ..Nicer over a 229

And in case you dont know if it has E2 grips the mags will be harder to find and coastlier then a normal 229 or 228 mags ..As much as 10-20 more for factory ..

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have a P229. To me it is just one of those guns that feel right in the hand. One of the few handguns that feel better to me is the P30. I haven't yet taken the plunge on the P30, but it is only a matter of time. That said, Chuck R. is 100% correct on his comparison between the SIG and H&K DA/SA triggers.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts

The LEM is definitely an acquired taste, some love it, some hate it. I was apparently lucky in that I never had an issue with it as I simply treat it like a two-stage and simply take up the slack as I'm pressing out. It's gotten to the point I shoot the LEM as well as a striker fired gun.

There are things you can do to "help" the HK DA/SA, swap springs and such, but at least with the P series, there's no helping the stupidly long reset other than a trip to a competent smith. IMHO it will never be a good SIG DA/SA trigger. The safeties on HKs are just wrong for me as I came from 1911s with a thumbs FWD grip. Trying to ride an HK safety like I do a 1911 just pushes my palm off the gun.

I really like the P30, to me the ergonomics and the rest of the package make it worthwhile to have the trigger tuned to my liking, but I'll admit it's not for everyone.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I would say a toss up between the two. I only own one Sig, and that is my bug, which is a P938. I have rented both the P30 and the P229....both seemed decent to me.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Going with the Sig P229 legion. DA/SA trigger systems is far better than the p30. The single action with short reset is amazing.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
The Legion has the best DA/SA trigger out there imo. Love the sights and grips too over just about everything else. Excellent choice.

Reactions: philly01

·
Registered
383 Posts
Both are excellent (had both but kept the Sig) but if you want a bedside gun then a 12 gauge pump shotgun like a Mossberg 590A1 would be a much better choice

·
Registered
314 Posts
Going with the Sig P229 legion. DA/SA trigger systems is far better than the p30. The single action with short reset is amazing.
Both pistols are warfighter weapons through and through, and either would be an excellent choice. Hard to be beat German engineering. I also would choose the Sig P229, if not only because I carry the P226 ;)

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
philly01 Do you carry now ?? Use your carry pistol or a larger version of what you already know as a bed room gun . IF you don't carry buy an ar15 or a shotgun , 12ga or 20 ga . What you use may have more to do with where you live . Do you have neighbors near buy ?? A load of 12ga BB with neighbors near by would work well along with ar15 with deer ammo .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts