Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a dilemma. I need a bedside pistol that's big enough for my Surefire XC1 to at least fit on.

It will be rarely carried, OWB if ever around my property.

I've pretty much come down to these two options.

The VP9 is $70 more.

They are about the same size and weight, the M&P holds two more rounds.

What would you pick?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've been meaning to get the MP 2.0 but I have the VP9 and it is the best polymer gun I have in possession (I own 2 glocks, a Sig P320c, and Walther PPS M2). The ergonomics, accuracy and trigger are all amazing. I would prioritize what you want in your pistol (capacity vs feel, accuracy, etc) and go to the range and try them side by side.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have shot both. A friend owns the M&P, and I own a VP 9. To me . . . the VP 9 is the way to go hands down. I am not an HK fan boy. If anything, I'm a Glock fan boy, I own 3. The VP is one sweet shooter. Looks sexy as hell also.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
The VP9 shoots better then most guns I own save the P7, Hi power and the Legion but these are 1k+ guns so for the price they are great

The only minior issue some have mentioned is that the hole in the back of the gun for the stiker plate could in theory let dust etc in the gun but they make conver plates for it and unless you go swiming in mud it should be ok .

The new M&p is a good gun and good changes ..I have not fired a new one so cant tell you on that only fired old model

But I will say this if you do get the VP9 get the police model has proper night sights and 3 mags ( frankly you are getting it for the mags as they are still like 40 bucks a pop)

Reactions: txs171
1 - 9 of 9 Posts