Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever see an actor in a movie just walk up to a door or especially a locked fence and just shoot the lock off with a single pistol round? Well I just got a link to a guy who decided to test the theory. Here's the link:

http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/RangeBag.aspx

There are some VERY interesting results and pics posted here!

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
I've seen that website, it's sort of a fun place to poke around. I always laughed at the doorknob shooters, as well. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Ha! Excellent find ExSoldier!

Personally, as someone who had to bust lots of padlocks for a legitimate legal reason, and yes it is boat loads of fun to do so, I found one of two tools pretty much took care of every padlock:

-A good set of bolt biters

-A crowbar

The crowbar only worked against the exceptionally cheap locks. The better locks, like Masterlock, called for the bolt biters. The tamper resistant locks, we called a guy with an oxyactelyne rig to take care of those. It was about a 30 second job for him and 20 seconds of that was just to make double sure he didn't damage anything except the padlock.

In retrospect I probably could have invested in this little item and saved myself the trouble of running around looking for the bolt biters and/or crowbar.

http://www.lockpicks.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=415

The only ones it wouldn't have helped me with were the tamper resistant locks.

·
Banned
693 Posts
My Dad was the executive vice president of Master Lock. I remember the first Super Bowl commercials where locks were shot.

The people who shot locks always sent them into the factory--by the skid pallet, along with a personal letter. My Dad always said it was great for business, because in the letter the guy would always include something like, "I was proud to buy a replacement lock."

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Great site that is - saw it a while back - ''Box of Truth'' that is. Some great pics and a lot of effort has gone in to the whole thing - some pleasure and fun too no doubt! :smile:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Have not tried the shotgun 'breaching' loads on locks, but have used them on door hinges. Work well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts