Defensive Carry banner
1 - 1 of 33 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
I agree, a quality 1911 will conceal easily on a thin framed guy, even with the least amount of cover garment. I used to live in the Seabrook area and I can attest to your heat / humidity concerns.

As for a IWB holster, there are many fine products available to suit your personal needs. I have found through experience that I will spend a significant amount of $$$ trying various holsters to see what works best, for every season. Ask your friends who carry to try theirs out for a day or two, just to see how it feels before you buy.

As for leaving it in your car, I'd advise against it. However, if you must do so, there is a car safe that is excellent. It even has a cable that lets you loop it around the seat frame and then it locks inside the safe. It's enough of a deterrent for the average thug/doper to leave it alone. I bought one from H-tronics, www.htronics.com and I love it. Just make sure you buy the larger size safe. Only a few $$$ more but so worth it. Hope this helps.

1 - 1 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.