Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to the forums and am looking for some advice from those more experienced than myself.

Am looking to concealed carry a Sig P238 and wanted to get some opinions on carry recommendations and holster recommendations prior to plunking down the cash.

Any and all advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hello,

I am new to the forums and am looking for some advice from those more experienced than myself.

Am looking to concealed carry a Sig P238 and wanted to get some opinions on carry recommendations and holster recommendations prior to plunking down the cash.

Any and all advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
IWB, OWB, Pocket, Shoulder, ankle, price, wait time, attire, work, play?
Lots to consider, help us out a little with some more information, and welcome to the forum.:wave:
Mike

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Just look at holsters for the Colt Mustang should work. Any of the wonderful holster makers that sponsor this forum should be able to provide you something you love.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this weapon would be solely for casual carry...not work related.

do not have a time frame, just want something quality.

am open to suggestions, but was thinking pocket carry with the option to owb carry.

thanks again,

mike

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I've been searching for a 238 holster also. I got a D.M. Bullard tuckable, but since I'm a big guy, it would turn upside down before the gun came out. The clip is attached at the bottom of the holster (tuckable) and with a snug belt it doesn't let go before the whole rig twists around.
I have ordered an OWB "bodyguard" from Bullard, and a IWB with two clips from R. Grizzle. "City slicker", but haven't received them yet.
Bullard's quality is good for the money,($54) and if you don't want any lining, etc. he sells them on E-bay. Fast delivery. I had my tuckable in a week.
I've thought about the "Crossbreed" as people love them, but I don't know if the kydex will scratch the nitron finish of my Sig.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Definitely depends on how you want to carry like the above posts have stated. There are tons of OWB holsters and tons of IWB holsters. Kydex/polymer/leather/plastic all different types of materials/retention devices. Fill us in more.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I'll chime in for High Noon , I have a "Hidden Alley" for a Taurus 85 and it is a good holster and quality built.

I'll also say another great IWB that I have for my LCP ( small like the P238) from Woolfe Gunleather. It's called the Woolfe Bite and is worth a look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts