Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first handgun (an M&P FS9mm) before Christmas and this week got a kholster and a cabela's double duty belt. The kholster feels great around 8:30-9:00 on my hip (I'm a lefty) the problem is that when I tighten the belt up so my pants don't sag it seems the belt is too tight around my hips and puts a little too much pressure on my hip bone. this is the first belt I have owned that is as thick as this one and I wonder if it will get better with some breaking in. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I had the same sort of problem, with the lower edge on the belt digging into my hip.
I have slim, bony hips and found that switching the jeans I was wearing made the difference for me. Slightly lower rise(or higher, depending on your shape) may be what makes the difference in comfort.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Get a real gun belt! That way you don't have to cinch real tight, the stiffness of the belt supports the weight of the rig. Wilderness, Blackhawk, Leepers, all make reasonably priced belts. For a little more money you can get a nice leather belt from the Beltman or any number of holster makers. I have a Beltman 1.75 I wear with Levis that I don't have to keep tight at all. It really does make all the difference,

·
Registered
446 Posts
I just got a 5.11 belt via this great deal: 5.11 Tactical Covert Khaki Pants plus FREE SHIPPING at LA Police Gear. 5.11 covert pants, 511 covert pant, 5.11, 511 Tactical. It's a great deal even if the length of the pants won't work for you. I'm very impressed with the stiffness of the belt and as said you don't have it cinched tight to support the gun.

I'm thrilled about the pants, too. My wife is handy with sewing so she'll easily adjust the length on the legs. Even if you can't use the pants, its a good price for the belt based on the shopping I did.

·
Registered
713 Posts
+1 on the Wilderness Instructor. About $45 you cant go wrong. Very stiff and very comfortable. Cabalas belts are okay if you are low on $$$, but spend the money and get something that will make day to day life more bearable.

·
Registered
434 Posts
+200 on the Wilderness Instructor belt, thousands of tactical operators cannot be wrong

1 - 7 of 7 Posts