Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Glock 30 and a Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe. But when I wear them I'm still getting some printing with the handle of the gun. I've tried it in multiple places on my hip and side but still printing.

Anyone have any tips?

·
Registered
94 Posts
The one straight truth is to dress around your gun. You have to wear larger clothing. For me this was not the answer, so I went appendix carry. In this style of carry I can wear my normal size and the gun shows no print. I carry a Glock 27 so comfort level is no problem. I had my wife look and comment on different position, she could not see any printing on appendix, her comment was " you are not wearing it".

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
1. Dress in a manner that will better conceal your gun, (perhaps larger shirts).

2. Don't be overly concerned with a slightly visible bulge. Most people aren't
looking.

·
Registered
928 Posts
The one straight truth is to dress around your gun. You have to wear larger clothing. For me this was not the answer, so I went appendix carry. In this style of carry I can wear my normal size and the gun shows no print. I carry a Glock 27 so comfort level is no problem. I had my wife look and comment on different position, she could not see any printing on appendix, her comment was " you are not wearing it".
Are you able to sit down and / or drive like this?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I carry my SIG P239 IWB with a slight cant forward, which helps make the butt disappear, I also increased my shirt size to help concealment, as bornlucky says, you have to dress around your carry method. Its a bit of trial and error, just as it is with settlingon a holster and carry method, IWB vs. OWB. I use to carry OWB only and printed a lot. I bought a Don Hume IWB holster for my SA XDsc and now I carry IWB 99% of the time. As mentioned this caused a change in the clothing I bought. And as WMHAWTH said, most people won't even notice if you bulge a little, people for the most part aren't very observant.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Your body type/shape is also a factor to consider. I found that I can conceal my G27 better and more comfortably with Comp Tac IWB holster, appendix carry (soft belly tissue).

My hip bone usually gets in the way if I try to carry IWB at 3:00 or 4:00, making my gun print a little more.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Definitely adjust the cant. I was having issues with my G27 in a MTAC and once i adjusted the cant forward...booooom it was gone you couldn't see it. I carry either between 5 o'clock and 3:30 depending on what i'm wearing or what I'm doing. I would start there. Then take a look at your clothes and make sure your wearing some bigger/baggier stuff also dark colors ect. But start with the cant adjustments.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Are you able to sit down and / or drive like this?
You know what they say " different stroked for different folks".
I have tried the other positions and found them more uncomfortable than appendix. I like the way I can control the gun. I like the way it hugs my body, no more worries about printing when I bend , no more worries if someone slides by me in a check out line. You should give it a try? I am thinking about buying a cross draw holster for the winter, better draw with winter coat.
I am actually waiting on a Southern Holster Memphis holster. I probally be listing it on the for sale section. I just did not want to cancel it, I did not feel right to do this.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
As others have said, adjust the cant...Try the most cant you are comfortable with...it will usually give the best concealment...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its a belt I got at Wal-Mart a year or so ago, but its a very sturdy, strong belt. It holds the gun against my waist well.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Get a holster or adjust yours to a 15'+ cant...:yup:...the grip will disappear into your side.:hand10:

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Can I change the cant on the Super Tuck Deluxe?
Yes,you sure can. I have the exact same weapon and holster. Put the front clip in the top hole and the rear clip in the second from the top. The gun will ride deep, with a nice forward cant, and absolutely disappear. Try it!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I know some of the other posters mentioned but try different locations around your waist till you find something that works for you. I've been carrying for the last 7 years or so, and I've only recently been finding ways to make my carry a little more comfortable. My body has also changed over the years(picked up an extra 40 pounds when I quit smoking) and I've found that ways I used to carry comfortably just don't work anymore.

I don't have a super tuck but I do have a very similar holster that I built that works the same, and a new place I've been carrying that I like is further forward not quite appendix, say around 2:45 on your belt. It right on the edge of being problematic sitting but if you get it just right I find that I can carry my full frame 1911 without printing.

Good luck.

Luke

·
Registered
41 Posts
Most people try to carry using the clothes that they already have. If you want to carry IWB you have to rethink the clothes you wear. You can not use the same size shirt and hide your weapon if you like your shirts semi form fitting.
Most people do not pay attention to what people are wearing. Much less what they have covered with there shirt unless they know what they are looking for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts