Defensive Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has any idea where to find a holster for one of the new g40 mos 10mm? It would be for hunting/trail carry. I haven't seen anything yet so I might be talking to one of the custom makers. Thanks for any help!
Mark

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet but I'm thinking it needs one!:smile: I took a peak at your site and saw what looks like a chest holster for a Desert Eagle? Looks very nice too! About what is the current wait time for your holsters?

·
Vendor
1,786 Posts
A tanker holster is what I made for that Glock.
Right now I am giving a rough estimate at 8 - 10 weeks and this may go over by a couple weeks.
I am currently working on finishing up orders from mid - end of July which I am hoping to have all done in a week - week and a half then II will be working on Aug orders.
Aug may take a little while as I received a lot of orders in the month of Aug.

·
Vendor
1,786 Posts
Not yet but I'm thinking it needs one!:smile: I took a peak at your site and saw what looks like a chest holster for a Desert Eagle? Looks very nice too! About what is the current wait time for your holsters?
That is a tanker holster with the desert eagle as well. I think some refer to it as a chest rig.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a tanker holster with the desert eagle as well. I think some refer to it as a chest rig.
It's a nice looking rig! I might be interested in those too. :rolleyes: but don't tell my wife! Is a chest rig what you were thinking about for the 49mos? I'm not sure if I want a chest or something on the hip.

·
Vendor
1,786 Posts
Hopefully some others will chime in on the holster style but I like the tanker style myself for a hunting rig, you can adjust it to be a little off to one side and out of the way.
On the tanker style I did for your model gun with the optic I made it a little different and didn't just fold the leather over but made a front and back and sewed then both together, it had a flat back that laid flat on the chest, that gun also had the viridian x5L on it.

I have made a few for strong side hip carry and the customer loved it as well but for me I prefer a tanker type for a woods gun.

·
Registered
55 Posts
For my G40 MOS, I use a Blackhawk Serpa CQC made for the G20 and it fits and works perfectly. The BH has an open end and the G40 barrel ends up an inch or so below the frame. You can use the pancake attachment or belt attachment. I prefer the latter. You can adjust the cant which is a real plus. I'm having trouble with a shoulder injury so I can adjust the cant for a cross draw. You could also adjust it for a 3:00-4:40 draw.

SERPA® CQC® Concealment Holster Matte Finish - BLACKHAWK!

·
Vendor
1,786 Posts
I think there is also a shoulder rig harness for the Serpa holsters to be used on.
When I just need to grab something until I can make myself a holster I normally pick up a serpa

1 - 9 of 9 Posts