Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I need some advice on options. I'd like to carry wearing what I sometimes wear at work. I go from 5.11 panst, jeans (no real issue there) or a suit (minus the coat).

That said, what is an option for not printing wearing the above mentioned, again with no jacket?

Gun would be a G26 or smaller sized gun.

Thanks,
ml

·
Banned
226 Posts
Well it's not really a suit if you don't wear a jacket. Suit would be business professional, without the coat is business casual. But anyway, to answer your question I would get a Crossbreed Supertuck, and tuck it. Maybe even get some V-clips to conceal even better.

Or even the MTAC or CTAC, but I have no personal experience with these..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I bring the jacket, but I don't wear it around the office...only as I come and go. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Ahh ok. Still would recommend the above.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
My favorite holster for such occasions! Very Comfortable and can worn 18 + hours and not even know you're wearing a gun. Can be adjustable without removing it and the shoulder straps carry the weight of the gun so you hardly know it's there. Get the Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster and you won't regret it. I've worn it so much I wore it out and now working on my second one. I've carried Glock-23, 3" Stainless Ruger Speed Six, Ruger SP-101 snubby, XD9sc and Colt Officers model .45. Very versatile rig and the comfort is unbelievable. The retention strap over the gun is removable and I usually carry without it and never had a problem with retaining the gun, but it's there if you prefer it.

Unless you're accustomed to playing grab ass at work and have people grabbing you all the time, no one will ever know you're carrying a gun. (btw... that kind of activity is not conducive to any form of carrying a gun.)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
+1 on the Crossbreed Supertuck.

Bark'n, thanks for the write-up on the shoulder rig, I have wondered if those work in real life. May have to try one.

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Depending upon the pants, pocket carry is an option. When going somewhere in a suit, knowing that the coat might come off, I put the snubbie or the .380 in my front pocket.:blink:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I ware a suit a at least 2 days a week and its on and off with the coat. Being around and dealing with a lots of folks this is a problem. The answer I found for me is a smaller gun. In my case Kel Tec P3AT either front right pocket carry in Uncle Mikes #2 or ankle holster carry. I have tried both of these methods with Kel Tec PF9 which is smaller than G26 and found it printed to much. For me it was a smaller gun that has worked well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Consider Alessi or 5 Shot Leather Ankle Holster for the G26. I carry my G27, no problems.

No worries about printing from the shirt or someone 'brushing' you and feeling metal.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
A suit without a coat is a bit of an oxymoron. With a suit coat (with or without a vest) I prefer a slim fitted shoulder rig, such as the Galco “Executive”. I’m not sure if these guys are still in business since their website has been down or just soOoo slow for several months, I can’t really tell. But if they are still around, then that’s what I would consider.
Regards,

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am new to CCW and I have the same situation as yours. I wear my suit coat to and from the office and occassionally during in and out of the office meetings. However, at my desk I do not have the coat on. I do not like the way the IWB holster makes my suits look and I have not had any suits tailored to fit the IWB holster as has been suggested in other posts.

I tried the Smartcarry and it did not work for me.

I also have the deep concealment shoulder holster which I love. The downside is the time to draw. I am planning on getting some false buttons put on my shirts so that the button is replaced with a snap or velcro to expedite the draw should the need arise.

Another option will be to use a paddle holster that is removed and put in my desk during working hours. Based on my office set up, I think this is a workable solution.

·
Registered
11,041 Posts
Suit and tie guy here.

Pocket carried for a few years. Problem is that suit pants pockets can be shallow, and with no coat on, someone behind you can see your gun. Almost impossible to draw with you support hand. Takes up a pocket, so what to do with all the other stuff? Limits you to a small gun, and small guns can be unreliable.

Tried the holster t-shirt, which puts the gun under the arm, like the holster previously suggested. I consider that more of a way of transporting a gun, and not a true holster - draw is very, very slow. Try it one handed - almost impossible. Got made by a family friend (hug) - would have been a disaster had it happened at work!

Ankle holster? No way. You can't draw and move at the same time. Good for a BUG, not for a primary.

Tried IWB - looked like I grew a tumor. Would have required a whole new wardrobe of bigger suit pants. Too much money!

Smartcarry! Eureka! I carried my G19 and a spare mag for 18 months undetected. I now carry a G26 - slightly less of a bulge, not that anyone noticed. I wear it at 11 o'clock, with the bottom of the G26's grip centered on the pants zipper.

Draw is quick - no need to untuck or sweep any cover garments away. No need to reach around to your hip. (DO NOT listen to the naysayers who have never used it!) Very comfortable - when you sit, the pistol lays on your left thigh. Wear pleated suit pants, especially in darker colors, and no one will detect anything.

You can draw one handed - even with your support hand (turn it palm out and draw). Important if one hand is injured or involved in a struggle.

Bonus - carries a spare mag, and has its own belt - so won't drag your pants down. No worries dropping your gun in the toilet, either.

You get the idea - try it out. Charlie will refund your money if you don't like it (minus shipping).

More on my holster journey -

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbull.../81461-smartcarry-vs-other-carry-methods.html

Good luck - hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
I wore my Deep Concealment shoulder holster today, the same one Bark'n mentioned. It worked great.

I used a pocket holster today. I carried a S&W 6906, roughly the same size as your Glock, but it only works if your pockets are big and deep.

I wore my SmartCarry today. It works well for me.

I have used all of these methods without a jacket or good cover shirt. It depends on how one dresses otherwise, and the environment used in, to determine if any of these will work for you.

I have to add this disclaimer to the Deep Concealment shoulder holster: it wouldn't keep the mags for my XD-45 compact in place. The mags would fall out when I bent over because they were top heavy. But it has worked for every other mag I use.

If mag retention ever becomes an issue (I don't expect it for your Glock), then I'd move to the Truss shoulder holster, but it's not as thin as the Deep Concealment. The Deep Concealment is less likely to be noticed if someone places their hand on your back.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've used the deep concealment shoulder holster in the past with great results. It worked so well I was showing off to my father and he kept it lol.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts