Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the MDE and the best holster to use for it? I will be carrying concealed, and would like to have the most comfortable and efficient holster for 3:30 to 4:00 position. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Congrats on a nice mousegun. I guess you are talking OWB or IWB and not pocket carry. Question is so open-ended that replies and any internet searches you do will give you tens upon tens of holsters--all very well made and looking about the same. With so many around, IMO, look at difference in price AND their return policy. It may look good in a pix and sound good with a replier to this post, but until you wear and use the real thing, you never know. Leather and exotics are always nice and look good but IMO kydex done right is thinner, lighter and more durable. I pocket carry myself and, if this should ever be a preference for you, I have started with a cheapo Mikes Holster and,after intensive investigation, discovered a feature that I find invaluable and sets the FIST holster apart is the thumb push that absolutely keeps the holster in your pocket as you draw. Hope I have helped--due diligence on your part, price comparisons, and return policy---most important.

·
Registered
159 Posts
As far as IWB goes, I had a Crossbreed Minituck for the MDE that was great. However I realized with my other options I would never really carry the pistol IWB, so I sold the holster to another member here. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Crossbreed.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Fist holsters has it on their gun list... CURRENT GUN LIST ...I'm just sayin'...:image035:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Pocket carry?

Hi Dakeypoo,

Have you considered pocket carry? I carries very well in the pocket. I am using a modified Uncle Mike's #1 (long story but I thought the UM #1 was the same as the one offered by Magnum Research. It is the same shape, but the stitching that governs the height from the trigger guard to the top of the slide is in a different place. I'm sure the one that Mag Research sells fits as good or better than my modified one) and can carry comfortably all day. I often forget it is there.

ThumperACC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts