Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like my Sig P-238. So, I've been buying some holsters for it.
My IWB by R.Grizzle is a work of art. I have a OWB on order from Bullard. (Seems like it should be here by now).
But I bought a Desantis Nemesis for pocket carry. It's the same one for the Sig 232, and 230, as well as the PPK.
The gun fits fine. What I don't like is this: They made it symmetrical, so it can be used right or left pocket. So the holster does not cover the safety. Yes, the trigger is fully enclosed. I think I'll have to use this one without one in the chamber. I just don't like the exposed safety.
Be advised.
Now, I got it from Molanlabesports on E-bay. Great seller, had it in a week, no shipping charge.
So if you want a Nemesis, get it there.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Here's my P238 in a Mika Pocket Holster--his design does not expose the safety.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Try an Uncle Mike's pocket holster, it's square cut. I'm not sure what size. I have a size 4 and it fits my CW9, G26 and it's a little big for my 642. You'll probably need a size 2. It'll cover the trigger guard.

Use it until your Mika is ready, they are the best in the business. I ordered my Mika with a round cut for my 642, absolutely the best. I'd order a square and a round cut, they're not very expensive...

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ultimate pocket holster with a 'thumb push'...
Fist Pocket Holster
I may have to get one.

Someone posted a picture of a pocket holster from Matt DeFatti in an exotic skin and OMG, was that beautiful. I wanted to order one, but the wait is 2 1/2 years! Holy Smoke! By then I may have a whole new gun collection!

You'll probably need a size 2. It'll cover the trigger guard.
The Desantis covers the trigger guard. It doesn't cover the safety.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I carry my J frame in a Mika, but both of my Guardians ride in a Nemisis. Not sure I understand your logic though, if the saftey were turned off how is the gun going to fire? What is the difference in carrying a gun like the NAA Guardian with no saftey? You can cover so much of the weapon that it won't allow a good grip when you need it. I also can't see how the same holster can be used for a 238 and P232, the P232 is quite a bit larger, something doesn't make sense here.

NCH

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
The ultimate pocket holster with a 'thumb push'...
Fist Pocket Holster
However, it does little to nothing to break up the "pistol outline" in your pocket, whereas the Mika does an excellent job of hiding it.

Oh, but doesn't Fist offer a piece for sale to add on in order to break up the outline...:rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts