Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new Sig GSR 1911 (it's the one with the rail), and I'm trying to find a holster to fit it. I'd prefer leather, but I'll take Kydex. I'm looking for both an IWB and OWB. I've ordered a holster from High Noon Holsters, but it'll be a few months before I get it. So, I'm looking for a holster I can get now.

Does anyone know what the GSR will fit?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I am real interested in the Sig GSR 1911. can you please post a review of the firearm in the guns forum. I would appreciate your input. I can't decide between the gsr or the kimber tle II. Thanks in advance if you get time to do so.

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
SteveTwo said:
I just picked up my new Sig GSR 1911 (it's the one with the rail), and I'm trying to find a holster to fit it. I'd prefer leather, but I'll take Kydex. I'm looking for both an IWB and OWB. I've ordered a holster from High Noon Holsters, but it'll be a few months before I get it. So, I'm looking for a holster I can get now.

A GSR will only (properly) fit in a holster intended specifically for it. It's dimensions differ from a stock 1911.
BTW, we just addeds GSRs to our line, but have not updated the website yet. I am afraid, however, that I will not be able to help you in the time frame that you stated - we're backed up about 18-20 weeks on everything EXCEPT Service Grades right now. I'd suggest that maybe you give Mark (Garrity) a call. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
SteveTwo said:

Galco makes a leather IWB for the 5" 1911 with a metal hold-open. I use it for my Kimber Warrior (also a railed 1911), and it works fine.

Gary's Def-Con also works well with my Warrior.

Matt

·
Registered
729 Posts
It's unfortunate that Sig would make a 1911 that is out of synch as far as dimensions goes with the rest. Your going to have to deal with a custom maker or Safariland makes a "one gun fits all type" the model 560 (paddle) or 561 (belt) and it would be size/model 53. Brownells has them in stock. Might be worth a try for now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses.

snowdoctor, I'll be at the range with it on Sunday, and I'll post the results and my impressions of the GSR.

Gary, I thought that might be the case. I guess holsters for it will be few and far between right now. I'll see if Mark might be able to help. Does he have a website?

Matt and torrejohn, I'll check those out and see.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
SteveTwo said:
Thanks for the responses.

snowdoctor, I'll be at the range with it on Sunday, and I'll post the results and my impressions of the GSR.

Gary, I thought that might be the case. I guess holsters for it will be few and far between right now. I'll see if Mark might be able to help. Does he have a website?

Matt and torrejohn, I'll check those out and see.
Steve, Mark's website is:

http://www.garritysgunleather.com/

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I have one for my GSR from Blade-Tech and OWB model.
Just today while trying to find a different Blade Tech item in stock (I failed) I was referred by a dealer to Wilson Combat toward their 'Summer Companoion' whihc he said will fit a GSRs slide profile no problem; http://www.wilsoncombat.com/l_summer_companion.asp

- Janq

·
Registered
318 Posts
Gary,
Thanks for thr referral but I'm running at least 3-4 months now.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had a similar situation with my Kimber TLE/RL (with rail)...found that Milt Sparks makes the VM-II to fit it...works great. I was in a hurry and went to Lighting Arms and got it within a week, but you pay a little premium for that

·
Registered
729 Posts
Check out John Ralston at 5shot leather, he does awesome work and is running at about 4 to 6 weeks right now from what I have heard.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What about this?

SteveTwo,

I am not one of the big guys, and my lead time is very short. I make about 5 holsters a weeks and I have been told that my holsters work as well, and in some cases better then one sold by others.

I have mold for a M 1911. I don’t know how much different the GSR is. I am looking to see if I can get a mold for one, but see if I know anyone I can make one from.

If I can find a mold I can get you a holster in about 10 days.

Here are a few of my holsters. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The GSR won't fit a holster detail molded to a standard 1911.
Sig changed the slide configuration to make it identifiable as their's.
The slide is squared off at the top edges instead of rounded, and has a beefed up section running along either side at the bottom edge similar to their P229, making it thicker.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts