Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, if anyone can help I figured you all could.

I need a holster for my Glock 22 w/M3 light.
I know about Blade-tech.
I found one made by Cen-dex but I don't know anything about them. So if anyone has any info about Cen-dex I would greatly appreciate it.

Any other suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
if you are just starting to carry, perhaps a cheap nylon (or several) till ya figure out how ya want to carry would be a good route to go. I (and many others) have boxes full of holsters, trying to find what works best.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Gotta agree w/Rocky. You're more than likely gonna test drive several carry options before you find one that works for you. An expensive custom could very well be $$ tossed out the window until you are sure you've found the one that works.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well, just a word of caution. Local depts are getting rid of the light when carried......ESPECIALLY on Glocks. Weve had 2 AD's lately and they are rethinking holster design and safety. For good reason.

Holster design dictates that when you carry a light/attachment on a gun the trigger guard CANNOT be covered and leaves the trigger wide open. This is bad on Glocks as if you bump the trigger.....BOOM!

Look around and see if you can find anything that will work for you.

Shoot well........

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,231 Posts
Eric Larsen said:
Well, just a word of caution. Local depts are getting rid of the light when carried......ESPECIALLY on Glocks. Weve had 2 AD's lately and they are rethinking holster design and safety. For good reason....
Any chance you could tell us more about how the ADs occurred? I'm not saying it's a prevalent problem but, I have long believed Glocks were more susceptible to re-holstering ADs than most any other handgun. I'm not knocking Glocks, I've got 6 of them, but as Massod Ayoob says, "The good thing about a Glock is it is easy to shoot. The bad thing about a Glock is it is easy to shoot."

However, in this case, I don't understand the role the light plays in the AD. This sounds like a holster problem, not a Glock with light problem.

Also, I'm pretty sure Safariland makes duty holsters that will accommodate a handgun with a light.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uhhh....I have been carrying for about 12 years. I just wanted some info on Cen-dex holsters. Or some other options for this combo.

Thanks K-Man, anyone else?

Basically I need this for plainclothes work (some concealed, but mostly open carry).

I already have a Safariland for my duty belt.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well its easy......Thanks for the links Kev they will help show what Im talking about. With a Tac light installed the opening or mouth of the holster has to be very large. It is covered from the side as shown in Kevs links. But from the top down, the opening which is large enough for the light to go down into, also allows your finger to follow into the holster. This is a real problem for most people who practice "proper presentation" as there trigger finger is along the side of the gun. When reholstering it fits inside the holster....thus the trigger guard isnt really covered. With a flexible holster...nylon or Leather you could make the mouth smaller or tighter and the material would flex around the light and hopefully conform around the gun closing the mouth up.
But with hard molded stuff or Kydex....there isnt much you can do to change the design.....IMO, anyway.

One dept. trained with proper reholstering and proper finger placement, IE, just pushing the gun in with the palm of the hand and then securing retention devices..but human nature and years of repetition kicked in and an officer did it the way he always had. He shot his pants and missed his leg, thank god.

This is what has the dept's looking at changing back to the old way of carrying a duty weapon.

Im sure it can be done without mishap.....but it would be hard.

Shoot well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re-Direct after Hijack.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CEN-DEX HOLSTERS?

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
sink156 said:
Re-Direct after Hijack.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CEN-DEX HOLSTERS?
Not directly, but, looking at their site:
1) Looks solid and competently made
2) Priced about the same as BT
3) Look a bit more "over-built" than BT
4) You can't screw up kydex, unless you try cold-molding, or thinning-by-stretching, so... :biggrin:

If you like the looks, I wouldn't say they would be a bad buy. I've had three BT's and like them too much to switch, unless someone offers up some really radical new material/carry concept.

·
Administrator
143,838 Posts
Cen~dex

They are really doing some NICE work with Carbon Fiber.
Carbon Fiber will be the Kydex of the near future.
Thinner, stronger, lighter. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Blade Tek and CenDex are my fav's for Kydex. Youll love either one.
Shoot well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts