Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've started shopping for an OWB holster for my HK P7 and I came across this:

FIST, INC.

It seems like a great solution to the problem of where to carry an extra mag. My left hip is taken up by an iPhone that doesn't leave much room for a mag pouch.

I cruised quite a few of the web sites of custom holster makers (Mitch Rose, Alessi, etc) and couldn't find anyone else making such a combo, which begs the question, is FIST an innovater with a great idea or does the concept not work that well?

Any thoughts or, better yet, personal experience with this or a similar holster/mag combo?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
If that works for you. I personally like to have my spare mag(s) on my support side. It balances the weight well and is easier to reload.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
If that works for you. I personally like to have my spare mag(s) on my support side. It balances the weight well and is easier to reload.
What he said but if it'll get you to carry a spare, go for it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I find it much faster and easier to grab my reload from the opposite side of my holster,but as stated above,whatever works for you!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I like that idea, but my guns, ammo, and accessories budget is blown for about the next 3 years.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
The magazine is in the wrong location. :wink:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Same comment about the mag placement, but...

If you practice enough, you can get quick with it like anything else. If practicality dictates your adaptation, then that is what you have to do!

I firmly believe in the idea of reasonable modification of behavior and embracing flexibility rather than always insisting upon the modification of the tool.

But that's just me.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I dont like my spare mags on my strong side, it makes mag changes slow and cumbersome. I would carry my spare mag in my weak side back pocket first. This holster wouldnt work for me, as my barrel clears leather, it's moving forward to target. I'd be afraid that my barrel would "click" on the magazine. YMMV

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
It doenst make much sense IMO.
I did see a SOB holster once that had the mag facing the opposite direction of the pistol. That looked decent if you like a SOB holster.

·
Registered
862 Posts
you mean they don't have an OWB iPhone/Pistol/Mag holster yet.....?

haha I think a holster like the one MrsFosforos showed you is a great option but I would want the mag on my weak side (my left, since I'm right hand). But that's just preference.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Another vote for weak side mag carry. Personally I find it much easier for reloading and another benefit for me is weight distribution. Just don't like too much hanging on one side..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts