Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've communicated with Rob Keeton at Patriot Emporium regarding his making me a custom holster and mag pouch. He seems like a very nice cooperative person and his work looks very top quality and professional on his website. Has anyone had any dealings with Rob and can you advise regarding same? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Hmm, I took a look-see and the prices are reasonable but I would compare them with some other makers too. Pay particular attention to how well molded the holster conforms to the model of your gun. Ken Null also does some custom work as with others. These days, I tend to stick with the main stream of Galgo, Milt Sparks, Mitch-Rosen, and what’s left of Bianchi.
Regards,
Dan

·
Administrator
143,833 Posts
Never heard of him but, here is the link if anybody wants to check his work out and comment.
~~~>Home

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I've been in the gun scene for many years, and have never heard of him.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Never heard of him. Photos on a site sometimes look a lot better than the actual work. I just about have to hold the holster in my hands and examine it as to workmanship and how it fits the gun.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Ehh his site doesnt even have pictures of all of his products. I tend to think I would go with the more established makers. HBE, UBG, FIST, all are reasonably priced and have great lead times, with even better products.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Go ahead and give him a try.

If he is good or bad, be sure and let us know.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go ahead and give him a try.

If he is good or bad, be sure and let us know.
Famous last words . . . "Okay, I'll walk point"! Anyway, I did go with him. He and I have been conversing about an open top holster and a mag pouch for my G26 and G27. I wanted one faced with rattlesnake skin on black leather. He's agreed to do the job for what I consider a very reasonable price. Anyway, my primary concern was reputation and that he was not a known problem guy. Thanks to all who replied. I'll update once I receive the items.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Famous last words . . . "Okay, I'll walk point"! Anyway, I did go with him. He and I have been conversing about an open top holster and a mag pouch for my G26 and G27. I wanted one faced with rattlesnake skin on black leather. He's agreed to do the job for what I consider a very reasonable price. Anyway, my primary concern was reputation and that he was not a known problem guy. Thanks to all who replied. I'll update once I receive the items.
Let us know your assessment of how it compares with some better makers, such as Sparks, HBE, etc.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
15 Posts
I see from this guy's website that he used to operate under the name Blue Line Leather. I seem to recall that Blue Line disappeared about two years ago leaving some folks without their holsters. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see from this guy's website that he used to operate under the name Blue Line Leather. I seem to recall that Blue Line disappeared about two years ago leaving some folks without their holsters. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
Too little, too late! I'm already committed but at least I paid with paypal in case there's a problem. :gah:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts