Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well, personally I cant. But anyone with a K frame 3" mold or the GP can help you out. Shouldnt be to hard in all honesty.
Shoot well.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric Larsen said:
Well, personally I cant. But anyone with a K frame 3" mold or the GP can help you out. Shouldnt be to hard in all honesty.
Shoot well.

Eric,

I appreciate the info!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Seems like Euc (Euclidean) was looking into carrying his GP not long ago, he might be able to point you in the right direction.
Jack

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maclean3 said:
Seems like Euc (Euclidean) was looking into carrying his GP not long ago, he might be able to point you in the right direction.
Jack

Jack,

Thank you, I used to pack a GP many moons ago when wheelguns where the shiznit and you could find almost anything you desired in leather.

The real interesting thing is when I was rookie and packed my first issue piece (Model 10 Smith) I dreamed of something exotic like a Model 39 Smith! As I grow older I find that wheelguns in the correct caliber (like 357 Mag) are more desirible to me from a reliability stanpoint and ammunition performance perspective.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
It gets tricky when the weapon you want accessories for isn't the latest, greatest thing to hit the market.

I wanted an owb for my 2.5" K-frame M66 (now discontinued). I found exactly ONE holster in my favorite gunshop/range ... not one type, one holster period. It's a Don Hume JIT: Functions somewhat like a Yaqui slide where the muzzle and front sight are exposed, paper thin single layer leather and rough side in so that bits of leather are always snagged in the front sight when drawn.

I'd considered tracking down a better holster for it but I've basically decided to give it limited carry time and use it primarily for a bedside weapon. I'll keep using my 642 as primary for now and start saving us for a 5" SA Milspec ... THAT will get a quality leather rig and be my new primary.
Jack

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Kevin shows the Ruger SP 101 on his list of guns he makes holsters for. It may not be a 3" barrel. I am going through much of the same thing for my S&W M 60 3" .357. It has a high front sight, and a full length underlug. The holsters made for the 2" J frames will not fit.

Kevin is looking for a M60 3' to use as a pattern. If you have not contacted him why not give him a call. He does fine work.
http://www.kdholsters.com/owb-defend.shtml

Jerry

·
Registered
770 Posts
The SP is a 5 shot and the GP is a 6 shot, like a J and K frame S&W....they arent compatible.

Shoot well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts