Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Recluse square pocket holster for my LCP, so I would imagine that they will be designing one for the TCP soon. I believe that Fobus will have one of their prototype holsters for the small 380's at the SHOT show to gauge customer reaction. All in all it's good to see the manufacturer's tooling up for the market. Now if we could just get the ammo manufacturer's on the same page......

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I have a Kel Tec P3AT and for my pockets, I have found that most, if not all the pocket holsters tend to move around in my pocket just enough that it unnerves me. They stay in the pocket but I just do not like the movement. In looking around in internet under "thumb push holsters" I found the FIST pocket holster in kydex or leather. I like the kydex for the pocket because it is thinner than leather and its that much less to have in my pocket. If you go on "thumb push holsters on internet you will see what I like about it. There is a real commitment to a solid area at top side of holster where your thumb would be when you grip the gun; it is most obvious and committed to on the FIST holster. It allows your thumb to hold down the holster as you pull the gun out. The other "wing models" and sticky models (and they are almost all the holster designs you will see) just move around too much for my taste. Take a look. Many good holsters around and from the replies you will get (like mine) everyone has their "favorite" in leather or kydex.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Robert Mika makes the best pocket holsters for most any gun, if you're willing to wait a few months. I have one for my now-departed Ruger LCP and it fits my new-to-me TCP quite well.

I just bought the TCP today, and I'm impressed with the feel and the fit and finish of the gun. I liked my LCP, but the TCP has a much better trigger, and the grip feels much better to me. Honestly, though, I sold the LCP in a moment of weakness, and am glad to have a .380 pocket pistol again.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Hey retsupt99: After all is said and done on the hundreds of holsters and pocket holsters out there (all of which, for the most part are anwhere from fair to excellent in construction and looks etc) I came to your conclusion. I do not care if the holster is beautiful (it's in my pocket for heavens sake) or the guy you talk to on the phone is great and wonderful, or even if the price is low, I cannot stand the movement in my pocket and the FIST is THE one that will not move because you stop it from moving from the getgo by your natural drawing of the gun. Others have the "beginnings" of a thumb push design but only the FIST has a full commitment to it. Hope you look at it leveraction; opinions, opinions, to each his own---just sayin

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just emailed FIST about the TCP. Hopefully they will have something available soon. I'll post back if I hear back from them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't find an ankle holster specifically designed for the TCP. There are generic options, but i'm holding out for a custom fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts