Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am strongly considering the purchase of a Kahr CW9 as a carry option. I now carry an XD9 Service or a GLOCK 23. From what I have seen the Kahr is much thinner and therefore would conceal better under certain circumstances.
Now to my Question I have looked on the net and there are very few holsters listed for the CW9 but a ton for the PM 9. The guns are very similar so would a PM9 holster work with the CW9
Thanks

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Yes, a holster made for the PM9 would fit a CW9....except if the the bottom of the holster is closed, then it won't since the PM9 is shorter than a CW9. The best example of that is this:

Note that the bottom of the pocket holster (a Pocket Companion XL kydex pocket holster by Grandfather Oak) is closed precluding holstering a longer Kahr (like my P9 Covert or a CW9).

There should be as many if not more holsters made for the Kahr P9 (which is simply a "higher cost" CW9) and the K9.....get a holster made for a K9/P9/K40/P40. If you get a holster (with an open bottom) made specifically for a PM9, then the longer barrel of a CW9 will (may) stick out a little bit from the bottom of the holster.

·
Registered
310 Posts
srfl got it right - the CW9 is essentially the same gun as the P9, with some minor variations that would not affect holster choice in most instances.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Kevin got it right, any K/P/E 9 holster will work. On the CW the nose is more angled and slightly longer than the other "std" Kahrs but will work well none the less.

Shoot well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts