Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, The mother surprised me today, she did not get the glock 23, rather she bought me a sig 228, night sites, with the DAK trigger maybe? I dont know I havent seen it yet, it was brand new for 700.
(got it from a sig dealer)
This is going to be my daily Carry piece, a little larger than I wanted but I wont complain because Ive heard this is a fine weapon. its a Limited? The guy said? Again I know little about it.

Im 5'11, 130, skin and Bones :blink: And I need holster options, Is this gun to big to go in a M-TAC? I need holster reccomendations, I want an IWB and a nice Leather OWB for it, Id like the IWB to be able to hide the gun if Im wearing a button down un tucked, maybe even tucked...maybe if I can get away with it...

Thanks Guys, Please post pics if you can (we all love pictures :banana: )

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I played around with a few holsters with my 229 . I finally got set on the Milt Sparks VM2, and it's been great. I tried OWB to start and it just wasn't working for me. the VM2 with the tuckable clips still is not good for tucking. I wear tucked shirts quite often, and for that I've been using a Comp-Tac CTAC. The kydex isn't as comfortable as leather, but it does conceal well and support the firearm's weight well also.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I played around with a few holsters with my 229 . I finally got set on the Milt Sparks VM2, and it's been great. I tried OWB to start and it just wasn't working for me. the VM2 with the tuckable clips still is not good for tucking. I wear tucked shirts quite often, and for that I've been using a Comp-Tac CTAC. The kydex isn't as comfortable as leather, but it does conceal well and support the firearm's weight well also.
If the Kydex of the Ctac isnt as comfy, Would the M-TAC still work as good as the C-tac would for hiding the 228?

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im noticing alot of places DO NOT have the 228 on their holster list (like Comp-tac for the infidel, yet they have it for the m-tac???!) My 228 has a rail on it, would a 229 holster fit the 228?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Im noticing alot of places DO NOT have the 228 on their holster list (like Comp-tac for the infidel, yet they have it for the m-tac???!) My 228 has a rail on it, would a 229 holster fit the 228?
I do know one person who can make that holster for you. Its a little pricy but I know for a fact that once you spend the money, you will have a holster you will love and keep on your side for many years. Give Rocky a call. He makes all sorts of holsters and he actaully asked me about this gun with the rail. Trust me, its worth it!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Yes, the 228 with rail will fit perfectly in a 229 with rail holster. The frames are the same, and the 228 has a rolled slide as opposed to the 229's stamped, milled or whatever it is slide, but they are the same dimensions.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I have a Galco Summer Special and a Mitch Rosen Premier OWB Snap. It is a great gun and very accurate. 229 holsters will work just fine.

·
Registered
425 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters

Tim will fix you up with a fine holster that you'll like so well, you'll keep buying them for all your guns! :wink:
A big plug for TT. Tim make a great holster. I prefer IWB and that 228 will dissapear with a button down shirt. HBE Leatherworks COM III is another fantastic holster. A little pricier but they hold up forever.

Congrats on the 228 also! Mine was my CCW for a few years till I finally went back to my old 2.5" S&W model 19-4 for CC. It's now the wifes pistol and I have 100% confidence in it. Used it for 2 years for IPSC matches and it's still going strong after 70K plus rounds with ZERO malfunctions. Going to have Accurate Weaponry & Plating apply it's brushed hard chrome finish to it as it's lost alot of it's finish.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
After trying several holsters, I finally hit on the ideal IWB holster for my Sig--a Milt Sparks VMII. Unfortunately, the wait time for one now is 20-26 weeks.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Erics COM III at HBE is as well made as a VM II and I'm speaking from experience as I've owned both. He even says the VM II was behind the design. Believe your wait for one will be 4 weeks. Here is his link:

H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts