Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 very nice pancake holsters and they both squeek, I'm using a Galco gun belt. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to quite the squeek?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have 2 very nice pancake holsters and they both squeek, I'm using a Galco gun belt. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to quite the squeek?
Get boots that squeek louder. Ok, on a more serious note, how long have you had these holsters for? I usually have the squeek dissapear after couple of weeks of wearing the holster.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been using them for about 3 months. I usually wear them about 6 hours a day.

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
Baby powder...:yup:

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
OK I have a question. Where do you apply said powder?

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
OK I have a question. Where do you apply said powder?
The parts of the holster/belt combo that is moving across each other. Does not take a ton to do the job.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I take the gal zip loc bags and put the holster in it and then lay the baby powder to it, work it into all the threads and seams. I do it every month or so.

NCH

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I never noticed that my IWB holster was squeaking until my girlfriend pointed it out. I'll have to try the baby powder. But I hope it doesn't make my gun smell all soft and cuddly.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I'm rather anal, to say the least about having a clean gun and I don't like the idea of baby powder(dust) around my gun. I usually use some plain old bar soap applied to the belt from one holster eye to the other. I lay the belt on a flat surface and just rub the end of the bar of soap across the leather. With a new belt and/or holster an application or two over a one week interval usually does the trick.:smile:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm rather anal, to say the least about having a clean gun and I don't like the idea of baby powder(dust) around my gun. I usually use some plain old bar soap applied to the belt from one holster eye to the other. I lay the belt on a flat surface and just rub the end of the bar of soap across the leather. With a new belt and/or holster an application or two over a one week interval usually does the trick.:smile:
oh how anal! Just kidding, just kidding! I understand your point about the dust. Good tip about the soap. My plan was to sprinkle a little talc then use the compressor to blow off the loose stuff. Shucks, even a light spray of silicone lube on the leather may work. Hmmmm, whata ya think?

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I've used Ivory bar soap with good results but I too kinda like the "squeak"! :hand5:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
If I'm asked about my squeak I just say its my Depends diaper!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts