Defensive Carry banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 5'8" 170lbs. I'm not big or small, but my torso is small. I seem to have difficulty concealing some of my guns. I have a PPS and a P2000 that I have holsters for. I normally dress preppy and for the most part wear polo's and shorts from J-Crew. I'm wondering if it is easier to get a holster that is a neutral can't since all of mine have a standard 15* cant.

For the most part all I carry is my LCP. It's alot more comfortable to me and although you can see it a little bit in my pocket it looks a little like a big cell phone.

Thanks for any advice, in advance.

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
I too have a short torso and manage to hide various guns on my person with ease.

I tend to favor very low riding IWB Holsters. For the 5" 1911 I've found Mitch Rosen's ARG to work very well, as it has a lot of rake. For the P 35 and Glock 19, or a 3" 4" Revolver the Kramer IWB #3, Milt Sparks Summer Special II or the Watch Six seem to work very well.

The reason I favor the Rosen ARG for the 5" gun is that it has more rake. That little extra degree of rake makes a huge difference in my book. Also, I wear the ARG at 3:00. It forces me to break my wrist a significant amount, but hides very well. The little less barrel legnth of the other guns means I don't need as much rake, hence the other holster models.

For the shorter torsoed person I find it most important to look for a low riding holster where an average or longer torso will hide a gun better with a higher ride.

5" 06", 140# on a heavy day. If I can hide three guns on my person you can too. It just takes the right gear. :bier:

Biker

1 - 2 of 2 Posts