Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering an SOB holster, but after reading a few posts I'm reconsidering. Any suggestions? I want something I can conceal wearing just a teeshirt, won't kill me sitting in a car, and won't bust my back too bad if I get tackled(though I don't anticipate it.)

While I'm on the subject, I would still consider an SOB if there is a safe way to wear it. I'm 5'11, about 220lbs so I'm big enough to conceal a decently large handgun, and the 4" XD isn't that big. Just looking for a more experienced opinion.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have been using a hume 715-m for the 40 service fits my 45acp service perfictly.

·
Registered
287 Posts
philrab said:
I'm 5'11, about 220lbs so I'm big enough to conceal a decently large handgun, and the 4" XD isn't that big. Just looking for a more experienced opinion.
I got a Crossbreed for my XD Sub a few days ago, and can't stop raving about it. Very, very comfortable, concealable, and no need for a heavy-duty belt. If you aren't in a hurry, I can take pics with the extended mag, to duplicate the butt of a Service. (If you are in a hurry, don't bother, since the wait is about 5 weeks)

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/pqdave/misc/crossbreed/

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
t shirt concealment to me means IWB. Many good holster makers out there to get 1 from. I IWB a HK USP F 40 sometimes w/ a t shirt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Brommeland

I just purchased an XD .45 ACP 4" and have since done alot of research on IWB Holsters - I have pretty much decided on the MAX-CON V from Gary Brommeland - Looks to be excellent quality and molds well. They have 2 models - the service model has less detail and is about $30 cheaper.. You should be able to pick up either one for about $100...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate all the suggestions, keep'em coming

Okay, the SOB is out. Looking at strong side IWB holsters. Again, my main priority is concealability and comfort sitting down. It's starting to look like the IWB is my best bet.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Looks like we are the same build ! I'm 5-11 and 220 with a 36 inch waist. I carry a 45 XD in a highnoon IWB holster. The bare asset. I'ts very comfortable and conceals with just a t-shirt. It costs 31.50 to have it at your door. And it will be there in 3 days. It has a tension screw and holds the pistol very well. Check them out. You can't go wrong for 24 bucks for a good holster. This is no cheap made product either ! I love it and it has also been featured at the XD forum as well as many gun magazines..

Check out their web site before shelling out 100 dollars or more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help

I just ordered an IWB holster, adjustable for straight drop or 'FBI' cant. I appreciate all the warning about SOB holsters, and the good advice regarding strong side IWB holsters.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just ordered a Kramer Holster IWB#3. But due to arrive no latter than another 3 more weeks. If the IWB#3 is anything like Kramer's Thomas Perfectionist for my 92FS, then I will be very happy. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just ordered a Max-Con V from Gary for my XD 45 - the service model is $69 plus shipping (about 8 bucks). It has about a 3 week delivery time so when it arrives, I will post info and pictures.

Everyone will have a different opinion - I always go for quality over quantity - "you get what you pay for"

·
Registered
641 Posts
Have carried my XD45 in a FIST #23 fir several months now and can recommend it highly. the #23 will function either as an IWB or OWB holster (see pic) and does quite well either way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts