Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a xd 9mm 4" service model. I am looking for the best iwb holster that is the easiest to conceal with shirt tucked in or out. That you can't see at all. To wear on my side.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
several good tuckable holsters out there. Comp tac, Galco as well as many more make tuckables. Maybe try a search for tuckable holsters then as on spesific holsters you may be intrested in?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
afeazell21 said:
I have a xd 9mm 4" service model. I am looking for the best iwb holster that is the easiest to conceal with shirt tucked in or out. That you can't see at all. To wear on my side.
Let us know when you find it. :wink:

Seriously though , look at some of the Top MFGs of Holsters
who make custom or semicustom rigs ( not cookie cutter models)

Expect to pay something approaching $100 for a quality holster.

If possible , try some different models with your pistol.

And don't forget a GOOD Belt :biggrin2:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Try Gary brommeland or KD holsters I will say a tuckable holster was the most uncomfortable holster i have ever used..

The holster wasn't from gary or KD ..

·
Registered
660 Posts
You will do yourself a huge disfavor if you don't check out Crossbreed Supertuck IWB. It has got to be one of the best holsters for the price. IMO, it's as good as the Answer for half of the price!

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
i use the galco tuckable holster with my glock 27. i take a left hand holster and put it on my right side. this works out better in the car with the butt of the gun facing forward. i don't know it is even on. when i had a right side one it was killing me within two hours in the car, office chair, etc.... the left hand on the right side works great.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I purchased my IWB holster for my XD-9 when there wasn't hardly any such holsters made for them. It is the Concealco brand, and I think it is well designed and constructed. It uses a thumb break, but he makes versions that don't.

·
Registered
45 Posts
PackerfanXD said:
You will do yourself a huge disfavor if you don't check out Crossbreed Supertuck IWB. It has got to be one of the best holsters for the price. IMO, it's as good as the Answer for half of the price!
+1

My G 30 is riding on my right hip in one right now.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The galco Summer Comfort is very comfortable as well...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Beprepared said:
I don't have any experience with either of these but I have heard other people rave about them.

J.W. O'Rourke

http://www.gun-holsters.com/h_pages/inside_pants_tuck.html

Tucker Gunleather "Cover Up" and "Cover Up Plus"

These holsters have variable cant, which could be useful for some people.

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/iwbholsters1.html

Nick
They look like the handle sticks out alot above them holsters how easy is that to conceal the handle? anyone use these?

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
afeazell21 said:
My favorite by far is the Milt Sparks VersaMax II.

:biggrin2:

·
Registered
729 Posts
The VMII is the gold standard to which other IWBs are applied. It does come with a tuckable feature but most people including myself find that tuckable holsters are a pain in the a--. If your sold on tuckable try out a cheap one like the DeSantis "Tuck-this". This way you have fairly little invested before you decide if a tuckable is the way to go. If you e-mail me at [email protected], I may have one and would be willing to let you have it for the cost of shipping. It's just a cheap nylon rig but it works OK and it's tuckable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts