Defensive Carry banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Great post! I was up against the same quandary. I go for a short run in the morning, half of the year in the darkness. I usually carry with a Remora IWB, but it didn't stay put during a run. The only thing that I've found that worked for me is the belly band style holster, which Daddy Warcrimes's post suggested. I'm thinking he'd agree that you'll have to get used to it, but once adjusted, it works pretty well. I later added a 7"x7" square piece of moleskin to the lining at the site of the holster and that mod added a great measure of comfort. The belly band itself provides decent access while keeping the pistol firmly in place on the run. I carry a .45 Shield, which is reasonably flat, and light weight. Not sure about comfort with a wheel gun, but surely worth a try. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Just returned from 4 mile trail run; I always carry my P365 with a spare mag in a 5.11 waist holster which allows quick access.

View attachment 327074

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have a chest harness, similar to a shoulder carry rig, for when I am walking out in the woods. Keeps the gun positioned just below the chest strap of my backpack I carry with me.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Flip Belt and Remora

I utilize a Flip Belt for running - SPI Belt or others work well also. Great for fuel, phones, keys, etc. Small firearms could fit in the pocket - but would not be a quick draw....easier to just add a Remora holster - I would utilize the Remora with a belt clip. I utilize a non belt clip version for my quick trips to the store, etc. Stays in place very well. But I would not run without the clip version - and wedged between the Flip Belt.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts